Nycc 2024

Ultimate Spider-Man 1 Foil Virgin Variant

only available at Marco Checchetto’s booth

4 Likes

Let me guess…$50?

2 Likes

anybody reach the point of not caring about these? even feeling sadness. My love for Spider-man has been tested against my ability to store $50 exclusives cover art comics that looks no better than what I have all over my walls, in stacks across my house and in storage.

2 Likes

I am going to have to skip NYCC again this year, but even if I was going, I would only buy them if they were flipping for more than what I paid

2 Likes

Panels reservations start tomorrow. I have to say none are all that exciting.

Some of the Marvel ones do promise exclusive comics or something else if you stay until the end.

Unfortunately I can only go one day, so I have to choose wisely…leaning towards Thursday at the moment…

Thursday, October 17
Marvel Comics: Next Big Thing
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM ET, Room 409

This is it, True Believers, the biggest comics panel of the weekend! [Blah blah blah] are here to give fans a glimpse into the future of your favorite heroes*—* including the thrilling adventures of Marvel’s First Family, the newest milestones of mutantkind, the future of the Ultimate line, and more!

PLUS: What does the future hold for the Marvel Universe now that Doctor Doom has become the Sorcerer Supreme? Attendees who stay until the end will receive an exclusive giveaway comic book!

Saturday, October 19
Marvel Fanfare with C.B. Cebulski
2:00 – 3:00 PM ET, Room 405

Join Marvel Comics Editor in Chief C.B. Cebulski and very special surprise mighty Marvel guests as they discuss their mutual love for all things Marvel Comics, alongside some other surprise guests. It’s a behind-the-scenes trip through House of Ideas storytelling, including insider insights and unheard comic book anecdotes behind upcoming and past projects! Following the discussion, fans will receive an exclusive giveaway comic.

Sunday, October 20
Women of Marvel
12:30 – 1:30 PM ET, Room 409

The Women of Marvel Panel returns to New York Comic Con! Talent from across the Marvel Universe assemble to talk about breaking in as a creative, building a career in nerd spaces, how fandom has changed, and being a part of Marvel’s 85-year legacy, while teasing what’s next*—* including a behind-the-scenes look at the women-led X-titles starring Marvel’s mightiest mutants! Plus, be sure to stay until the end for the exclusive giveaway.

Marvel Comics: Spider-Man and his Venomous Friends
2:00 – 3:00 PM ET, Room 405

Webheads, gather to discover what’s on the horizon for Spider-Man, Venom , and the entire Spider-Verse! This November, Doctor Doom will grant Peter Parker eight extra lives to face an evil god… but will they be enough? The AMAZING SPIDER-MAN epic, “8 Deaths of Spider-Man,” is upon us and you don’t want to miss this panel for the latest scoop.

PLUS: Learn about the finale and aftermath of Symbiotic saga VENOM WAR including the new ongoing series spinning out of it, ALL-NEW VENOM! And be sure to stay until the end for the exclusive giveaway.

1 Like

Alright…this is better news. I didn’t realize Todd was going. Didn’t go last year.

McFarlane signature sessions all sold out less than 18 minutes in que…

2 Likes

This sucks.

My little green guy isn’t moving very fast…

Ugh…just saw this was comic mint…

Those bastards…

“Exclusive” :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

“Exclusive” yesteryear definition: Can only be purchased at the Convention
“Exclusive” current definition from Comic Mint and all the other rat bastard store variant stores: Can only be purchased at the convention, or on our web page, or at our store, or on our instagram page, limited to however many we can possibly sell, and probably a bit more.

Snake oil Effers from beginning.

5 Likes

Much more often than not it is best to wait a year or so and get those store “exclusives” on heavy discount.

3 Likes

The way these stores throw around the word, “Exclusive,” I’d hate to be their girlfriend/boyfriend.

"Yeah, baby, when I said we were exclusive I meant just you and me! Plus the people at the comic-con. And the people I met online. And the barista who gives me free coffee in exchange for…favors.

6 Likes

You got that right!

But from Comic Mint - Would not purchase a candy mint on the way out from that store for 10 cents. That place boils my blood.

It’s a cool cover but it’s not $40 cool.

Absolute Batman #1 NYCC “exclusive”

art by Javier Fernandez

limited to 1000 copies

Is he holding pieces of his cape?

Looks like hes holding his cape down

Completely agree with everything concerning Con Exclusives. Because I don’t go to them, I’d wait to see what was being released at NYCC/San Diego/ECCC and overspend on eBay or with others that offered to pick up comics at the shows for the ones I wanted. I haven’t done that for the last 4-5 years (maybe longer).

It might be exclusive by being sold by one seller, but it is not a CON exclusive.

2 Likes

100 percent, if a store is selling it, its not a con exclusive. if the publisher is selling/giving them out than its a con exclusive

2 Likes

The words “exclusive” and “limited” are very subjective meanings.

In the case of conventions by stores, sure they can call them limited and or exclusive, as if they’re only available at the convention but we all know this is just marketing words used as they likely have more than they announce that are available but not at the convention, usually sold elsewhere or afterwards. It’s snake oil salesman terms and we beat this bush every convention…

In most cases, they can call it “exclusive” cause they created the variant for the convention.
If they say it’s limited, sure, it might be limited to just X amount at the convention but they likely have more they’re selling elsewhere but are limited at the convention (maybe… :thinking: )