Nycc 2026 šŸ™

1 Like

There aren’t any panels I’m all that excited about on the days aim going. Or even the days I’m not. So not a big deal. I was playing around to see how ā€œdelicateā€ this system was to doing something else while in que.

This is interesting though…I probably could have copied this and maybe when left it may have still held my place…

Some of the panels don’t have any definition to them as well. They’re just place holders. I’ll be reserving those when it my turn….

So 8800 have now made it in…so if I didn’t leave it would have taken me 20 minutes…we’ll see how fast 30k moves now….

I don’t even go to comic cons anymore. They are just entertainment expos and are far too crowded. Long gone are the days where you would be walking to the entrance and notice Stan Lee by himself, a few yards away doing the same thing.

2 Likes

5 minutes = 39,000.
20 minutes = 30,000 (600/min)
30 minutes = 16,000 (1400/min)
35 minutes = 8000 (1600/min)
40 minutes = 4500 (700/min)
41 minutes = 1000 (3500/min)
42 minutes = 300 (700/min)

Above are the rates how fast the Que dropped. You were given 10 minutes to make choices.

First people through had everything to pick from so can understand it moving slow. Then after 20 minutes things are filling up and people are exiting in mass.

But as panels fill up people coming in after 30 minutes are now having to make alternate choices…scrolling through what is left abs trying to decide to reserve or not reserve a panel….

Then after 40 minutes not much of anything is left, so people being let in at that point (like me) are like ā€œf thisā€ and just leaving. Which explains a the high burn through rate at 40 minutes.

100% agreed!

1 Like

Wonder what they are doing for press…. I know back in the day when I was writing for bleeding cool and later on my own that we would just declare what panels we would be at and show up. They would let press in. Now it seems like it may be difficult to get press coverage at panels unless the just let press in.

Here are a few ā€œperksā€ of interest.

NEW YORK COMIC CON 2026 REVEALS PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMMING LINEUP

Offerings for Industry Professionals to Include Panels, Interactive Programming, Private Signings, and More

All Professional programming is available to the following badge types: Artist Alley, Writers Block, Pro Thursday, Pro 4-Day, Press, Content Creator, Panelist, Exhibitor, and Sidekick.


  • NYCC Retailer Day

Join us for the third annual NYCC Retailer Day. This exclusive professional event features publisher presentations, keynotes from Stephanie Philips and Todd McFarlane, retailer conversations, industry discussions, and select creator signings. Speakers from Dark Horse, eBay, Ignition, Universal, Women in Comics Collective, and more.

Wednesday, October 7, 11:00 AM to 6:30 PM, Pro Stage 1, cocktail party to follow


ICv2 Insider Talks and Comic Industry Social Hour
Thursday, October 8, 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM, Pro Stage 1


  • Industry Summit and Mixer presented by Comics Sketch Art

An evening networking event with keynote speakers, light food and beverages, and sponsor-supported activations. Open to all Industry Badge holders such as Artist Alley, Writers Block, Pro Thursday, Pro 4-Day, Press, Content Creator, Exhibitor, Panelist and Sidekicks.

Thursday, October 8, 7:00 PM, Pro Stage 1


  • From Page to Screen: How TV Executives Acquire and Produce the Next Hit Series – Like Matt Dinniman’s Dungeon Crawler Carl

From novels and comics to podcasts, games and articles, compelling stories can emerge from anywhere. But what does it take for a story to translate to television?

Moderated by author Matt Dinniman, whose bestselling Dungeon Crawler Carl series is being adapted by Universal Global Television for Peacock, this conversation offers a rare look inside the decision-making and collaboration that drives series adaptations today.

Saturday, October 10, 1:30 PM to 2:15 PM, Pro Stage 2


so the ones that have swag say it yet?

I enjoy attending any convention as press if for no other reason than when it’s a bigger show with guests I can give them my card and sometimes plan an interview. I love picking the brains of my favorite comic makers and with the blog I can share my questions with others who read it and not simply seem like an insane fan with a ton of questions.

Not that I’ve seen. But I think marvel 1hr panels will all have a comic giveaway like past years and SDCC this year.

1 Like

Got 2 days to make picks on auto’s and funkos. I think you get only one per ticket for the entire show.so you rank your top 3 or something.

Will report back on how it goes.

1 Like

Well, the concept seemed pretty straight forward. Rank your autos and funko choices in order of preference. You get up to one Funko slot and one Auto slot for the week. Funko and Autos rank separately.

Yet it allows all four days to be picked for Funko, with no way of ranking them.

For Autos, you can rank up to 4 for each day, but no way to rank across different days.

So basically my preferred day for a Funko might be Friday, but it may pick Thursday over Friday if I picked both days.

Also, I may prefer a Todd autograph on Saturday vs Thursday, but I have no way to rank Saturday ahead of Thursday.

I’m only planning on going Fri/Sat, but will go Thursday if my lottery comes up that way. Otherwise I just picked everything for Friday or Saturday.

1 Like

Funko is still a thing? Every year I went to NYCC, I never saw any Funko I’d stand or fight to get in line for but maybe that’s just me. Nothing new coming out of Funko as a company… it’s almost like JSC artwork, own one, own them all… :wink:

1 Like

IMO, Funko’s are still okay to collect as long as you’re not expecting any return financially on them. Although, I’m sure the limited variation types are still highly sought after.

I’d buy one if it was the right character.

Funko’s were EVERYWHERE at fan expo Denver this summer and their booths were always busy so there’s definitely still a market. However, as someone who is not a fan of Funko’s at all, I hope those things go away sooner than later :person_shrugging:

Yep - put in for the McFarlane’s myself.
You, me and 50,000 others :face_with_head_bandage:

Meh, McFarlane’s signature is probably going to outpace and beat Stan Lee’s soon enough… I’m not even a huge fan and I even got crap signed by him in the long boxes and a poster…

1 Like

Agreed.
It’s always astonished me that I can set up at a booth and have a comic with a signature by John Buscema, Dick Giordano, Curt Swan, Al Plastino, Murphy Anderson and get strange looks with only a slight premium value placed on the comic.

And yet, a booger signed by McFarlane, they’ll put a Benjamin down for.
But whatever - that’s the hobby these days :man_shrugging: