Oblivion Song Movie

Haha, he could but doubtful. One thing I’ve learned about “producers” and such is they usually don’t “produce” anything or use their own money. They just want the big payday for being labeled as a “producer” on shows and movies.

On Fear TWD, Scott Gimple was a “producer” of the show and he showed up maybe 3 or 4 times during the whole season shoot my wife worked… probably a good 12 to 14 hours total time spent… but he certainly got Producer pay for that season… my wife says it was an obscene amount of money per episode he got paid.

Here you go, just for giggles…

1 Like

As you know there are different types of options. When a producer options a comic, he still has to sell it to a studio in order for it to get made and distributed. When a studio options a comic, it has a better chance of being made. Granted that is not a guarantee it will be made, just a better chance than a producer option.

Oh for sure. Wife worked on a movie called “Exists” few years back. It was the same guys who did Blair Witch Project… they completed the entire film and it sat on the shelf for I think 2-3 years before they could even find a distributor to either push to theaters or go straight to DVD. I think they finally got one and it went straight to DVD.

So many stages of a movie and show… All I know is, you can’t trust squat coming from the producers mouth 80% or more of the time… :slight_smile:

Most if not all of it was filmed down in lovely Bastrop TX.

3 Likes

I actually saw that movie, I wouldn’t buy it for my movie collection but it wasn’t that bad.

Sadly the wife worked on that movie. I went to the wrap party with her. I still have not watched the movie. Out of all the people at the wrap party, the only person I would have been interested in meeting is the guy who did the stunts and wore the Bigfoot outfit… Brian Steele. He’s done some Predator work and Terminator Salvation T-600 stuff… that’s the stuff that would have been interesting to talk about.

actually sounds interesting. I like Bigfoot movies or anything about crypto’s attacking in general.

Redacted…realized my reply was to an ooooold comment…Therefore OBE!

3 Likes

Wow that’s big news actually… was not expecting anyone big for this movie. Don’t get me wrong, I am stoked for it and love the book but I was expecting newbies like with most sci-fi stuff. Very exciting!!!

Maybe now I can dump the few remaining #1 books I had that I couldn’t even give away… Geez!

Holy Moly, 9.8s were disappearing before my eyes. Already had one from a few weeks ago around $60ish. Snagged two today for under $100. One on ebay, one on hipcomic. ALMOST had a 3rd one on a random online shop, but someone must have snagged it while my apple pay was processing.

Don’t buy these at premium, now’s the time to sell. It’s a movie, it’s gonna peak and then die off real quick.

1 Like

Nah, I was only buying 100 and under. I saw someone raise their ebay price to 200, and it sold, lol. Just gonna do a quick flip and maybe hold on to my cheap original one for the trailer and hope it looks good, lol.

A friend lent me the 1st 15 issues. I liked it.
The concept was interesting with elements of sci-fi and horror. I think it would be a cool looking movie with the Oblivion dimension. Jake is a good actor who will most likely pull it off.

The movie might be better than the book but I found the book meh…

1 Like

It’s also Kirkman, and he likes to draw things out. Maybe it’ll be a trilogy :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Cause he’s the worst at milking that cash cow! :wink:

kirkman_cow

2 Likes

Be prepared for a billion more reprints of #1… . Maybe we’ll get the B&W Deluxe issues a year or two after the movies are made… :wink:

1 Like