Oblivion Song Movie

I’d started to wonder why my “Oblivion Song” material just got so much interest today …

limited foil collectors edition is the key spec for this, only 1k made

Looks like #1’s are getting snapped up on eBay … I saved two of the Boxed Collectors Editions with Statue … guess I need to break them out …

Also have a small stash of the Image + Mag that previewed the comic … don’t know if those will ride any wave …

Copies of Issue #1 available at Midtown. I grabbed a few.

1 Like

Sorry didn’t see original post. Please combine or delete.

Done… Thanks! :slight_smile:

This is great news… now I can dump the few copies I have. I hope the movie is better than the book cause the book sucked donkey balls…

1 Like

There’s been worse … :vulcan_salute:

That is true… :slight_smile:

I looked at some of the Collector Boxed Sets on eBay … don’t know if I should leave mine as is sealed, or break them up and sell the comic and the other junk separate …

Was there any difference in print numbers between the pink signature and green signatures?

Man Willie, I mocked the people who bought that big box set and now you’re gonna cash-in. Why you gotta make me look foolish? I just didn’t think Kirkman would make anything after TWD that would get much interest…

1 Like

Remember, it’s just an option or media deal at this point. Just because it’s getting a deal doesn’t mean it’s still going to be a hit or even get made.

Plus, it’s been two hours since the news broke and you can still find first prints of #1 at Midtown for just a bit over cover price (they’re standard markup after a few weeks and months for new books).

1 Like

Now I wish I would have gotten that special TPB that came out first.

My LCS has one. Wonder if I can nickel and dime him down. He is not an internet guy, he is a over street guy…

1 Like

It seems a little nebulous right now … words like “in development”, “will produce”, “is getting a movie treatment” tend to make me believe it may be a done deal …

David … when the initial Diamond solicitation came out, I ordered 5 boxed sets, and they were noted as possibly being allocated … at any rate, I had 3 customers that had committed and paid a deposit … so, I got $200 each out of those three … putting me in on the other two at zero and a small profit … I did not get the other two until a month or two later, since there were production issues … I then just stashed them away, not really for any particular reason …

I can’t remember now, but were those not free to Shops … ?? I remember getting one and selling it for maybe $40 bucks …

True but anything can happen.

My wife started a movie project in late May. She worked 3 weeks. They had some big name celebrities onboard. Then boom, after 3 weeks of actual setup, hiring people, people actually working on the movie, boom, no funding. The investors didn’t transfer any money as promised so it was then in limbo (they told everyone to not work while they sort it out) for a week before they finally pulled the plug.

So they can say “in developement” and “producers on board” all the want, until they got a finished product and a distributor to ship the films out to the theaters (or maybe they do via the internets nowadays), it’s all just hot air to me… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah … but, you know, Kirkman could just pull a bit out of his wheelbarrow full of money and fund all or some himself … :moon_cake:

You can go ahead and post your “Kirkman Milking the Cow” mashup now … :vulcan_salute: