October Previews 2021 - Indie Publisher Spotlight Books

Here’s the spotlight books (and some trade/hardcovers/omnibuses) coming out of October Previews for the indie publishers.

Peter Ricq who created Once Our Land that went on to have success is back with A Kings Vengeance #1. I was in it when I saw the cover art and saw his name attached.

A Kings Vengeance #1

Animal Castle #1 looks interesting, worthy of checking out if you love the stories told by animals.

Animal Castle #1 (Cover B - Delep Miss Bangalore & Kids Variant)
Animal Castle #1 (Cover C - Blank Sketch)

Animal Castle #1 (Cover A - Felix Delep Main Cover)

Haven’t read this yet and I hope it’s good but I absolutely love this cover art for Billy the Kit #3.

Billy the Kit #3

Blood on Sunset #1 (of 5) might be a decent read. I’m always iffy on Source Point Press but some decent reads and art most of the time.

Blood on Sunset #1 (of 5) (Cover A - Susini)

A new BOOM! book Buckhead #1 (of 5) might be entertaining read. I don’t get the sense that this one will heat up, not initially at least but might be a fun read.

Buckhead #1 (of 5) (Cover A - Kambadais)

I’m really hoping Chicken Devil lives up to it’s title and soliciation. Even if it’s not a spec play, I’m hoping for some good entertainment. Chicken Devil #3 is in previews. Still time to read the first issue and maybe second to know if you’re still onboard by issue #3.

Chicken Devil #3

Lots of fans for Cowboy Bebop #1, so there’s a lot of covers for this first issue as well.

Cowboy Bebop #1 (Cover B - Photo)
Cowboy Bebop #1 (Cover C - Ianniciello)
Cowboy Bebop #1 (Cover D - Chan)
Cowboy Bebop #1 (Cover E - Li)
Cowboy Bebop #1 (Cover F - Lau B&W)
Cowboy Bebop #1 (Cover G - Colored Blank Sketch)

Cowboy Bebop #1 (Cover A - Lau)

Wrestling related stories and books are plentiful but yet most of the time I lose interest real fast. Yet I always give them a chance. So here’s Crimson Cage #1 (of 5) coming out of AWA. I sure hope this one keeps me intrigued beyond the first one or two issues or I might just give up entirely on the wrestling titles.

Crimson Cage #1 (of 5) (Cover B - Deodata Jr)

Crimson Cage #1 (of 5) (Cover A - Cormack)

Cult of Ikarus #1 (of 4) comes off as one of those books you’ll know after the first issue if you should bother with the second and beyond. After all, it is a Scout book and YAVS (Yet Another Vampire Story).

Cult of Ikarus #1 (of 4)

Stories about serial killers fascinate me. So of course I’m going to be checking out Devil Tree #1 (Cover A - Wolfgang Schwandt) which apparently is based on a true story.

Devil Tree #1 (Cover B - Samir Simao)

Devil Tree #1 (Cover A - Wolfgang Schwandt)

It’s a complete ripoff of Godzilla but I’m still gonna check out Mega #1 because who doesn’t enjoy gigantic monsters wreaking havoc on our planet, right?

Mega #1 (Cover B - Max Fiumara)

Mega #1 (Cover A - Salvador Sanz)

I enjoyed the first round of Maniac of New York. So count me in with Maniac of New York Bronx Burning #1 (Cover A - Mutti).

Maniac of New York Bronx Burning #1 (Cover B - Mutti Mask Variant)

Maniac of New York Bronx Burning #1 (Cover A - Mutti)

End After End #1 has a solicitation that makes me want to read it just so I hope the solicitation makes actual sense to me.

End After End #1 Cover B

End After End #1 (Cover A - Sunando)

Download #1 is a new Red 5 Comics title. These are normally readers for me but have gone on to be easy quick flips from time to time. So lock in that pre-order if you want to read (or chance a potential quick flip), most shops don’t go heavy on these Red 5 books.

Download #1

Hotell is back with a new volume. Hotell Vol 2 #1 (of 5) kicks off a 5 issue mini-series.

Hotell Vol 2 #1 (of 5) (Cover B - Deodata Jr)

Hotell Vol 2 #1 (of 5) (Cover A - Grant)

For you Shakespeare fans, this one looks like it could be a fun read with No Holds Bard #1 (of 4). Behemoth is really pumping out those variants though in hopes of pushing up those print run numbers though. Always go with cover A on these for the cover priced non ratios, if there’s ever any heat, those are the winners usually.

No Holds Bard #1 (of 4) (Cover B - Kari)
No Holds Bard #1 (of 4) (Cover C - Kari)
No Holds Bard #1 (of 4) (Cover D - Quinones)
No Holds Bard #1 (of 4) (Cover E - Kloc)

No Holds Bard #1 (of 4) (Cover A - Faerber)

Out #3 is a new title I’ve got higher hopes for. Love the cover art (hoping it’s the same style within the interiors) and just the overall concept of the book.

Recount #1 3rd Ptg. Not sure why it’s taken this long but okay… it’s one to watch!

Recount #1 3rd Ptg

1 Like

Poyo, as I always say, thank you again for posting these with such alacrity. I’m glad you put Download on this list, because when I clicked on it to read the solicitation, I read this:
" In the spirit of The Goonies and Explorers, the adventure begins here from the creators of Haunted and Riptide!" They had me at Goonies and Explorers! Thanks again!

1 Like

Anybody else getting results like this from TFAW?

This was from clicking Poyo’s link to King of Spies from his article on the main page. I’ve been getting this kind of error message a lot lately.

They’re working for me…

This one?

https://www.tfaw.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=king+of+spies&product_list_dir=desc&SSAID=1993757&sscid=a1k5_6ea0p

Working for me…

ok thanks… will look into it on my end.

Try this one, I’m creating for another Image press release for “Furthest Place”

Works.

I thought the issue was with longer TFAW URLs that have multiple query conditions but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Anyway, most TFAW links work but I’ll get the odd ones that don’t.

Yeah, that’s odd. Normally if we affiliatize a link for searches (so it shows more than 1 book), we have to provide the URL from searching ourselves. So maybe it’s the 3rd party that does the tracking is messing up the redirect or something but if it’s presenting you with the tfaw.com domain link, then the failure is now on their side, not the 3rd party.