October Previews 2021 - Marvel Spotlight Books

Previews gives us a glimpse of what’s to come. Here’s the spotlight new books (and some trade/hardcovers/omnibuses) coming out of September Previews for Marvel…

Like the previous months, let’s just go ahead and get all those Star Wars out of the way since these are all musts for the most part.

Star Wars #20:
Star Wars #20
Star Wars #20 (Christopher Action Figure Variant)
Star Wars #20 (Sprouse Lucasfilm 50th Variant)

Star Wars Bounty Hunters #19:
Star Wars Bounty Hunters #19
Star Wars Bounty Hunters #19 (Yu Variant) Wobh
Star Wars Bounty Hunters #19 (Sprouse Lucasfilm 50th Variant)

Star Wars Darth Vader #19:
Star Wars Darth Vader #19
Star Wars Darth Vader #19 (Sprouse Lucasfilm 50th Variant)
Star Wars Darth Vader #19 (Grassetti Variant)

Star Wars Doctor Aphra #17:
Star Wars Doctor Aphra #17
Star Wars Doctor Aphra #17 (Sprouse Lucasfilm 50th Variant)
Star Wars Doctor Aphra #17 (Forbes Variant)

Star Wars High Republic #12:
Star Wars High Republic #12
Star Wars High Republic #12 (Artist a Variant)

Star Wars High Republic Trail of Shadows #3:
Star Wars High Republic Trail Shadows #3 (of 5)
Star Wars High Republic Trail Shadows #3 (of 5) (Artist a Variant)

Amazing Spider-Man #82 (Artist Variant) - Love this cover. Reminds me of ceiling cat (just google it), window blinds spider is watching you? I like the Amazing Spider-Man #82 regular cover as well.

Amazing Spider-Man #84 (Smith Variant) is another variant coming out of Amazing Spider-Man I’m really liking as well. I like a good Doc Ock cover.

Avengers #51 looks like a great jumping on point with new story arc after the big #750 legacy numbered issue.

Avengers #51 (Artist Variant)
Avengers #51 (Devils Reign Villain Variant)
Avengers #51 (Liefeld Deadpool 30th Variant)

Avengers #51

Black Panther #2 Cover B Variant Kael Ngu Villains Reign Cover is just a pretty kick ass cover. I don’t normally chase themed variants but I’m making an exception for this one.

Death of Doctor Strange #4 (of 5) continues. Loving these Kaare Andrews covers.

Death of Doctor Strange #4 (of 5) (Devils Reign Villain Variant)

Death of Doctor Strange #4 (of 5)

Demon Days Rising Storm #1 have been a total surprise. I doubted Peach Momoko’s writing initially but these have been entertaining. I don’t think these should be ignored. Marvel tapping into this style of books is going to likely grab the attention from the Manga readers and such if they haven’t already done so.

Demon Days Rising Storm #1 (Garner Variant)
Demon Days Rising Storm #1 (Gurihiru Variant)
Demon Days Rising Storm #1 (Andrews Variant)

Demon Days Rising Storm #1

Oh my, a John Romita Jr. cover that I don’t dislike. Probably his best work in quite some time if you ask me for Elektra Black White Blood #1 (of 4).

Elektra Black White Blood #1 (of 4)

Hawkeye Kate Bishop #2 (of 5) continues but I wish this was more than just a mini-series. I like Kate Bishop taking the mantle of Hawkeye.

Hawkeye Kate Bishop #2 (of 5) (Hans Variant) - Could be a nice spec play as well… Hans cover art normally never disappoints.

Hawkeye Kate Bishop #2 (of 5)

Kang the Conqueror #5 (of 5) ends this mini-series with a pretty cool Del Mundo cover. I don’t think this is the last of seeing Kang though. I think Marvel has big plans for this character now that Thanos is out of the picture.

Kang the Conqueror #5 (of 5) (Skan Variant)

Kang the Conqueror #5 (of 5)

Trust me, this is not the final layout of this awesome looking cover for Phoenix Song Echo #3 (of 5) (Bachalo Variant). We’ll get a bigger title dressing and then of course everything else Marvel slaps on their issues. I’m buying for the cover art alone, love it. The hand print outline on the moon has me intrigued as well.

Phoenix Song Echo #3 (of 5) (Bachalo Variant)

Miles Morales Spider-Man #33 conflicts me. Miles is the future for Marvel’s Spider-Man but come on, that new outfit just looks awful. This cover does the suit zero justice.

Miles Morales Spider-Man #33

Moon Knight #6 is a must, since I’m a huge fan so it’s also a my bias highlight pick.

Moon Knight #6 (Rahzzah Devils Reign Villain Variant)

Moon Knight #6

Timeless #1. See, told you Kang wouldn’t be gone long. Okay okay, it’s a one-shot and it’s still coming out around the same time his mini is ending but still, expect more Kang I think. Plus, not often do you see so many variants for a one-shot.

Timeless #1 (Carnero Stormbreakers Variant)
Timeless #1 (Cabal Stormbreakers Variant)
Timeless #1 (Bustos Stormbreakers Variant)
Timeless #1 (Silva Stormbreakers Variant)
Timeless #1 (Momoko Stormbreakers Variant)
Timeless #1 (Gleason Stormbreakers Variant)
Timeless #1 (TBD Artist Miss Minutes Variant)

Timeless #1

Remember when Thor was all the rage with Black Winter last year? Well, like a lot of titles, they got ups and downs. I’m hoping we’re being led into some more interesting things for Thor so I’ve got each of these issues still on my radar. Thor #20 makes the highlight picks for this reason. Any issue or pane, a Cates surprise can wreak havoc on the secondary market.

Thor #20 (Devils Reign Villain Variant)

Thor #20

Speaking of Cates, his new Hulk series has the next issue up in previews.

Hulk #2
Hulk #2 (Woods Devils Reign Villain Variant)

Hulk #2

I’m not super huge on event books most days but Chip is a very underrated writer I think. I’m totally looking forward to Devils Reign #1 (of 6). It’s going to be good and if it’s not, well, we riot!

Devils Reign #1 (of 6) (Connecting Variant)
Devils Reign #1 (of 6) (Artist a Variant)
Devils Reign #1 (of 6) (Young Variant)
Devils Reign #1 (of 6) (Red Blank Variant)

Devils Reign #1 (of 6)

Like Miles, Kamala is the future for Marvel. It’s probably just a good idea to pick up her stuff, all of it.

Ms Marvel Beyond the Limit #1 (of 5)
Ms Marvel Beyond the Limit #1 (of 5) (Momoko Stormbreakers Variant)
Ms Marvel Beyond the Limit #1 (of 5) (Miles Morales 10th Anniversary Variant)
Ms Marvel Beyond the Limit #1 (of 5) (Young Variant)

Ms Marvel Beyond the Limit #1 (of 5)

No better way in owning the hard to find classics than with the facsimile editions. Conan the Barbarian #1 Facsimile Edition brings back a lot of memories of me reading all of my brothers Conan books (I didn’t have to buy them since I’d just read his).

Conan the Barbarian #1 Facsimile Edition

Captain America Truth TPB is a must I think. The regular original floppies go for decent cash nowadays. So this is the next best way to read this one.

Captain America Truth TPB Quesada Cover

Captain America Truth TPB Baker Dm Var

Missed all the individual issues, Kang the Conqueror TPB Only Myself Left to Conquer is another great way to catch up on your reading of this recent series.

Kang the Conqueror TPB Only Myself Left to Conquer

And because it’s Moon Girl, Marvel-Verse GN TPB Moon Girl is hitting shelves soon enough. Might be a worthy pickup for the read and for displaying on the shelf. Moon Girl brings some secondary market love for her hard to find issues.

Marvel-Verse GN TPB Moon Girl

All of these new series are killing me. Venom, Hulk, Black Panther, Hawkeye, Echo, Ms Marvel, Moon Knight… Hard to choose which ones to stick with.

Subscribe to MU and just wait to read them digitally to see if you like them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

6 months tho! That seems like an eternity.

They bumped it recently… A bunch of titles now show up around the 3 or 4 month mark.

Glad to see Truth going back to print. Could not track down a copy of the individual issues, HC or TPB this last year for a decent price. Likely will grab it.

And I agree with you on a moon girl. Some books in that series go for decent $$ now.

I’m happy, “Truth,” will be for sale for prices that aren’t insane as well! Also, it makes me wonder if we’re gonna see more in future Marvel properties…

I was holding out on newsstand copies which I don’t think exist and passed on dozens of great deals for directs.