Odds and Ends

Man those kids look so much older now.

Liking the Journey soundtrack.

With Obi-wan and ST and Dr. Strange…May is gonna huge!!

1 Like

Yup, it’s those teen years right after puberty, not a great time to do a show where you want to fit in more story cause they grow fast.

Love the classic horror vibe with ST4. I thought season 3 was ok, but had lost a little of what made 1-2 so good. This looks like a much bigger leap forward, which I think is needed at this point. Very cool.

1 Like

I hope this happens…

Why would this be good? Billionaires buying social platforms seems a bit concerning on the surface. Honestly, I’m not on Twitter, so I can’t really speak a whole lot on the issue. I’m just curious.

2 Likes

Elon wants free speech. Twitter, right now, restricts that…to an extent.

1 Like

I thought twitter was cool for about 10 minutes back in 2008…

1 Like

True free speech is not necessarily in everyone’s benefit. We can watch a long Marvel movie in the theater without having people screaming “fire” whenever they want due to restrictions to free speech. Since I have no interest in screaming “fire” and ruining the movie I like that restriction. People who want to scream “fire” don’t like that restriction.

Most don’t realize there is no “true free speech” though. The consitution just claims you won’t or can’t be jailed for your speech unless it falls under the “threat” type of level of speech (other laws applied).

And it doesn’t apply everywhere. Just like CHU here, this is @anthony’s house, his rules. If he says you can’t call agentpoyo a dumbass or you get banned, well, you know the rules or choose to be banned.

You can however go login to reddit and call agentpoyo a dumbass there if they allow it.

:beers:

2 Likes

The term “Free Speech” understandably does get tied to the constitution a lot. In the end though it is a two word phrase that basically means freedom to speak your mind without undue censorship. Twitter can have free speech without any constitutional duty to due so.

Yes but if someone got on twitter and said they were going to go blow up some buildings, yeah, I’m pretty sure twitter might allow it but some federal authorities are gonna show up on your door step! And then twitter can also be held liable for allowing such things when you get lawyers and district attorney’s involved…

Sure… everybody starts pulling out all the extremes… shouting fire in a crowded theater type shit. How about just letting half the population speak their mind about important things like the election? No, no don’t talk about it… this type of misinformation is dangerous. Wrong, the truth welcomes scrutiny.

We should probably get back on the comic and pop culture topic though, I can see this one drifting into politics and then I’ll just have to whip out the “freedom of speech is a no go here” stick and put a stop to all the nonsense that gets dragged into this topic… :wink:

Just incase the shouting fire is incorrectly assumed as a hypothetical, there are instances with death following. Using a real world example is not extreme.

I don’t want Elon to buy Twitter. I don’t have a deep philosophical or political reason. He just bugs me and I don’t care for him much.

1 Like

About 10 minutes longer than I did.

COMICS FOR UKRAINE: Sunflower Seeds

2 Likes

A good cause!

1 Like

When I first saw headlines I thought it was an old article. Nope, they did it again!

1 Like