Oh That KCC…

I get that, and you have every right to be frustrated. The sad truth is People don’t change unless they’re held accountable for their actions.

So, what are the ideas? What options are available to curb the undesired behavior? From making it a paid site to no more spoilers….let’s hear them all and discuss.

1 Like

Back to that whole Spawn article “Bry’s comics”…I could frankly pick just about any issue of Spawn from #88 till #260 and make a case that you should buy a raw and then grade it. It’s sort of a no brainer. Amazing covers, amazing artists, and for the vast majority of issues (more in the 150-250 issue range) pretty small print runs. Heck, the issues in the low 200’s sometimes were less than 20k.

That whole article/alert about Spawn books didn’t make much sense to me. They even “warned” of manipulation with a couple of the books so what was the point in even discussing it or bringing it to light. Felt like an “alert” key section that was forced quite honestly.

“ungraded Spawn books to grade, sell & profit”??? Just seemed completely random to me. I’d say that regardless of where I saw that type of post or information.

6 Likes

Brys Comics…pump n dump jokesters.

5 Likes

Honestly, the whole goal for KCC is to get you to click their links that lead to eBay to just buy anything. The more clicks to buys, the more commissions they make. This is why some of their so called “alerts” are questionable for me.

And yes, we link to eBay here but I myself try to link when I feel it’s warranted, not just to push out the link just in hopes I cash out. Yes, the little amount we get helps pays the bills and that’s really our end goal because websites like CHU that now handle millions of hits and views a year does not come cheap!

3 Likes

Maybe we can try and do the spoilers at the Lounge section for a week and see what KCC does? Just a suggestion @Anthony.

3 Likes

We could even create a Spoilers category where it only allows users with actual logins to view. No public anonymous viewing. Perhaps post the spoilers there first, then on Wednesday mornings push the spoilers for all to see on main site! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

That’s my suggestion.

I’m all for having appilers in a trust level type category (lounge). Then on Wednesday push the spoilers to the main site. Either way the spoilers will be seen on Wednesday. Having it set to just having a user name won’t solve the problem. That still allows for anonymous viewing.

I will say thanks to KCC today for pushing that Proctor Valley Road has “officially been optioned” today. My copies of the 1:10 flew off eBay netting my a tidy profit. See, we all knew a long time ago it was picked up before it went on sale and I posted my copies on eBay at an Inflated price and left them sit there. Today was the day it paid off.

1 Like

I will say watch this listing on KCC and see that they sourced the info, for now, but watch as it changes over time.

2 Likes

I was so wrong about Spawn… and I collect/love McFarlane’s Marvel stuff… I’ve been going back and hunting some of my favorite covers and been picking up the latest issues.

1 Like

probably b/c of the latest Spawn Universe titles. Still liking the main title for the long term.

1 Like

Yeah, the whole “spawn” theme this week was ridiculous…I didn’t even look at the details. I always look for spawn in the range you mentioned…I never find them in the wild anyway.

2 Likes

I only link ebay when the issue is out of stock at reasonably priced established online retailers.

1 Like

Yup, that too.

I’m all for properly crediting your source and this Spoiler category. Since I joined, i always dont share the info I got from here until that info is already widely publicized. To CHU :clinking_glasses:

I noticed that Mile High comics is now imbedding KEY Collector info directly into listings.

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Without crediting them? How dare they treat KCC that way!

3 Likes

oh lawd…

1 Like