Online Comic Store Report Card

Sorry I’ll try harder to mess up!

5 Likes

Only explanation is his prior work shipping for the Columbian cartel. It’s gotten to the point I’m almost afraid to see DEA coming to open my comic shipments.

Hahaha! Actually I’ve been in the Maritime industry for almost 20 years…soooooo… :wink:

1 Like

Just for the record, TFAW shipment received and zero freebies. I honestly don’t recall what all was stated with regards to shipping discounts, discounts, incentives or whatever with regards to the delays and issues, but I’ve not seen a single discount/reduced charge, or anything whatsoever up to this point.
Just the stuff I preordered and paid for that has taken forever to get.

My TFAW order, with October books, looks to have been charged at the additional discounted rate. But, it shipped 11/29 and hasn’t shown yet. Last seen in Illinois on 12/10. Hoping it’s just standard December delays.

Mine shows as shipped on 11/29 and is still in California today 12/17

My TFAW packages pre Warehouse shenanigans have all arrived, in pristine condition. I got shipping waived on the one that was sitting in “processing” prior to the whole ordeal and ended up with a $23 or so credit that I applied to the Star Wars Rising Storm novel that I was just notified has shipped… took about a week after ordering but okay…

Things should speed back up soon. The plan is by the end of the year to be back to fully caught up on receiving and getting things out at regular times which means of course I just jinxed it and we’re due for winter ice storms.

2 Likes

Yup, you just set yourselves up for pain and punishment now! :wink:

I’m already seeing every USPS tracking get a “May be delayed by weather” alert

Got my small 2-book TFAW order from during the shutdown. Shipping took 19 days, but I guess it’s December?

However, I had bag and board selected, but one book had no board. And, I had “do not bend packaging” selected, but it still came in a flat mailer.

Also, how’s this for spine trouble. Yeesh. TFAW’s been way more good than bad for me, but this one was a mess. No freebies in the order, but I’m not sure if I qualified for that anyway.

1 Like

Pretty much word for word as above.

Yikes, just got my second back from shut down box. Both came well packed so sorry that you guys got screwed. I had some big orders come in.

There was no qualification for a ‘freebie’ if your order was being processed/shipped, during the warehouse shutdown, unless I misread something. My understanding was that every order would get a freebie, its just that the freebie would be different. From the responses on CHU, it seems that no one has received ANY freebie (yet?).

Just got my books from TFAW and they are all in great condition. And NO freebie… Got 2 book sent wrong. I got a regular SWHR #11 instead of the 1:25 variant which I hope they have extra copies :crossed_fingers: and the Gun Honey #2 1:10 variant was also wrong. I got an FOC McGinnis virgin variant instead.

@RipCityGamer do your warehouse people see images of books to compare which variant or book to send or so they just look at the paper invoice? It’s not the first time this has happened and was just curious… Thank you in advance for your reply.

They only have the packing slip to work off of, I believe. Like what’s included in the shipments. We’ve had talks about putting stations to scan things as they pack them to match it up to photos, but part of the problem with that is there’s a decent amount of times where the distributors themselves have wrong cover imagess on their back ends. So it would catch some mistakes, but it might also cause new ones…

1 Like

Best thing you or anyone can do when things like this happen is contact CS and let them know your order or shipment number from the invoice. They can let the warehouse know, and the warehouse leads can look up who packed it and make sure they follow procedures better, or if there was some other issue that led to things being that bad. (Plus handle any replacements, refunds, etc.)

1 Like

TFAW sure has some bad luck…maybe my “freebies” were also on that pallet? They are probably sooo frustrated right along with their customers.

We should start a gofundme to raise money to send them a decent amount of these pills:

5 Likes

Got a reply from TFAW. They are out of those variants and got refunded. Merry Christmas to me. I might delete my account once I get all my pre-orders delivered. Defenetly not adding any more books though.

2 Likes