Online Comic Store Report Card

An update on my last TFAW order that had some damages. TFAW couldn’t replace the damages but issued a refund and of course I kept the books.

1 Like

I think I’m gonna toss ole DCBS a 1 star at this point. Sad, as they used to be a 4-5 star source for me.
Horrible communication, poorly organized, bad practices.
They recently put up pre-orders for all the new Stray Dog printings (including the 5th print variant which was $10). I ordered them and all went through, they charged my card up front (no biggie).
Today I get an email saying they won’t get them, order cancelled, and they will issue a “credit” to my account?.
Ummm…no…give me refund then. I don’t want a credit when I don’t have any further orders other than one from last Feb not yet fulfilled.
They don’t even have phone communication so I’m sure I’ll never hear back.
I can’t believe the downturn they took.

4 Likes

That’s when you just do a dispute on the credit card to get their attention.

2 Likes

I used to love DCBS as well, scored a ton of ratio incentives in the past for super cheap and made a lot of money selling them. Unfortunately I think distributing DC comics is their main focus now. And no phone communication always bugged me about them as well.

4 Likes

Just got my last DCBS order of 50 Star Wars books, 27 had smashed corners. I am surprised these damaged books were even shipped out. At one time DCBS were the best online comic seller in the industry, now just a low-end option. one Star.

4 Likes

:star: DCBS

3 Likes

@Devildog gives DCBS a single :star: rating
@trent31 gives DCBS a single :star: rating

Just highlighting some recent reviews to make them stand out on the good ol 1 to 5 star scale. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just got my stacks of star wars high republic #6 from Westfield. All books were 99 cents and great condition.

Westfield comics 5 stars.

1 Like

Yup, got mine too :grinning:

Love Westfield.

Just got some comics directly from publisher Source Point Press. Not great. Obviously no bags and boards, wrapped in packing paper, loose in a box that was too big. I got lucky and they are pressable, but they could have easily been wrecked.

1 :star:

VillainGaming Overall: :star::star::star::star::star:

@faele Yes, I snuck in an order from you… :wink:

2 Likes

Lol Thanks!

1 Like

Just received my SWBH Jabba Hutt #1 pre order from Villain Gaming and was impressed. Packaged securely and books arrived in mint condition. Jason thank you for taking the time to package this order the right way!

2 Likes

Alright, I’ve written more in detail before about some but here are some stars…

5 Star Stores thanks to good prices, fast shipping, and stellar packaging (Alphabetical Order):
A Little Shop of Comics
Attix Comics
Comic Conspiracy
Comixzone
Fantom Comics
State of Comics
Villain Gaming
Westfield Comics

4 Stars Due to Sometimes Slow Shipping:
Sanctum Sanctorum

4 Stars Due to Sometimes Shipping in a Less-Than Optimal Manner:
Anyone Comics

I’ve Been Pleased With These But Haven’t Used Them Enough to Offer a Solid Rating
New Dimension Comics–has various store locations and some ship fast and others slowly.

Pacific Coast Key Comics–Ordered from once and was pleased, didn’t they use to be active here?

Poor Boy Comics–haven’t used for a while but liked them when I did besides their odd boards that promote their store, I replaced those.

Savannah Comics–I’ve ordered from them a couple times and been happy, but not ordered for a bit.

Third Eye Comics–Seem to be awesome but I’ve only used them twice so far.

3 Likes

I was wondering about @PCKComics. I placed a few orders with them and was pleased as well.

1 Like

TFAW did it again. Processed and shipped one comic from a February order. Yay for another $10 for a comic that I can pick out of a dollar bin!

2 Likes

@davidbitterbaum @JAndreu

Hey! We are still here, things have just been super busy lately so I have not had as much time to post. Now that COVID is letting up some we are getting some more man power, so I should be more active soon. I am happy you guys had a positive experience with us as well!

5 Likes

Glad you’re well!

1 Like

So I recently bought one exclusive book from Big Time Collectibles. It took a month before I finally got it. I’m an overseas customer and seeing the book in perfect condition after all the distance it took to get it delivered, I would say they did very good with their comic book packaging called “ComicShield”. It’s a first time buy so it’s not that reliable to gauge the overall quality/service but I think it is worth sharing.

I don’t live overseas, but I’ve got a few orders from Big Time and they all arrived in perfect condition.

1 Like