Patty Jenkins’ ‘Wonder Woman 3’ Not Moving Forward as DC Movies Hit Turning Point

1 Like

I just read this on the NY Post. Sounds like Gunn is implementing some QC checks.

1 Like

While I’m not accusing Jenkins’ WW movies of being examples of great cinema, I did enjoy them.

I kinda actually wanna see Yara Flor on the big screen next. And after watching Wednesday, my fan casting vote goes to Jenna Ortega.

4 Likes

Gunn and Safron are ripping the bandaid off and starting fresh. A lot of knee jerk reactions, but to be fair it seems like the typical DC mess. We’ll get more insight from them next week. We all may feel better after that.

2 Likes

It’s definitely exciting times for DC on the big screen. I know anxiety and uncertainty can go hand-in-hand; but with uncertainty comes possibilities too. I’m looking forward to seeing what the roadmap looks like (heck I’m looking forward to there being a roadmap).

2 Likes

Yes, roadmap would be good. They’ve been a hot mess for so long with absolutely no strategy or understanding of how to build up these properties. Now people are in positions who actually know the IP intimately. I think this will be good in the long run.

3 Likes

Im sure BLACK ADAM under-performing was the catalyst.

I enjoyed the first flick but 1984 was rough to watch (for me) and they severely underutilized Cheetah.

2 Likes

Thank Jeebus they underutilized her; her CGI wasn’t fully baked, in my opinion.

Oh no…anyways

WW2 was pretty bad. Just blow it all up and start over.

4 Likes

To further add to the murkiness.

1 Like

There are at least three sides to every story. The first person’s side, the second person’s side, and the truth. I have no idea what the truth will turn out to be…

1 Like

Straight from the horse’s mouth.

2 Likes

When I come to the end of the line; and if someone asks me “what is a topic that has you completely baffled in comic movies”, it will be this:

How can a director put out a movie (WW1) that was one of my favorites. And then a few years later put out a sequel that was perhaps the greatest train wreck in comic movie history.

If Patty was fully writing and directing WW3; I’d rather listen to a horse talk for 2.5 hours than to watch anything even resembling WW2.

I think this is due to the collaborative nature of producing a movie. It’s a massive undertaking.

We see variation in comics when an artist switched out, or even an editor takes over a book.

Imagine that to the 100th degree. So, any addition, or even subtraction from the equation if a writer had some critical oversight from somebody who wasn’t a sycophant, changes the brew.

Then, in the end, you can make your best effort and the studio can chop it all up in the editing room and make it unrecognizable.

2 Likes

I read that WB wanted Chris Pine in the 3rd movie. Patty didnt.

1 Like

If Wonder Woman 3 had Pine I would jump straight into the movie and kill steve trevor myself, geez

1 Like