Picks of the Week for 6/5/2019

My picks this week:

Bettie Page Unbound #1

Black Cat #1 (JSC and Artgerm) Long term hold, great art variants

Captain Marvel #6 Suayan Marvels 25Th Tribute Variant Awesome X-Men Cover - why it’s on a Captain Marvel book makes me facepalm

Dceased #2

Ignited #1 Spec pick, Humanoids imprint flagship

Incredible Hulk Last Call #1 Peter David back for a hulk issue, yes please

Naomi #5 Replacements for widespread production issue

Thumbs #1 (of 5) Spec indie pick: What if Mark Zuckerberg used Facebook to overthrow the gov’t

Uncanny X-Men #19 Noto Marvels 25Th Tribute Variant I love Phil Noto’s work

What are y’all picking up?

I haven’t fully decided yet. Need to keep it lean this week but here is what I had reserved at my LCS.

JUSTICE LEAGUE #25 YEAR OT VILLAIN
WALKING DEAD #192 CVR A ADLARD & STEWART (MR)
BLACK CAT #1 ARTGERM VAR
BLACK CAT #1 NOTO VAR 1:50 (if still reasonable $$)
BLACK CAT #1 SPINNING OUT OF THE PAGES OF AMAZING SPIDER-MAN!
DEADPOOL #13 GRANOV MARVELS 25TH TRIBUTE VAR
SAVAGE AVENGERS #2 COKER MARVELS 25TH TRIBUTE VAR
WAR OF REALMS NEW AGENTS OF ATLAS #3

I like your list as well PanelPunx and digging Noto’s work lately.

1 Like

5 copies of thumb is all ive ordered, black cat and walking dead aren’t spec worthy. thumb seems like one of those books written for the sole purpose of being optioned. and wasnt hype or discussed pre foc so print run should be on lower end of image 1s

1 Like

Long term Walking Dead isn’t spec worthy but I do have a feeling when people see the spoilers, there will be a jump in hype price. So go easy but buy low, sell high and early. Won’t put your kids through college but all I can say is, after this next issue… it’s definitely gonna lose all spec going forward.

1 Like

For the read:
DCeased Horror Homage
Batman 72

For Spec (back issues only)
Pearl 1A/B
Pearl 8B (if I can find it)

Not a big week…finally some relief on the wallet…

1 Like

Oh, btw the Deadpool Marvels 25th anniv variant is very sweet. But not grabbing it.

Yeah, that’s my only Marvel pick for the week too… pretty sad week for Marvel books when the only thing likely worthy in picking up is a themed variant that has nothing to do with the titled book.

1 Like

Pearl 8B is such a gorgeous cover. Still looking for one too.

No luck with Pearl issues at the lcs, but got notification my 8B is shipping from NY Collector Cave…the only place online i was able to track down a copy…not counting a seller in Canada.