Possible Moon Knight movie characters

I don’t know much about Moon Knight and would like to know what characters(heroes,villians,supporting) would fans want or expect to see in a film. What do you reccomend spec wise as far as characters and possibly good story arcs to get into the Moon Knight state of mind.

@Salty
Hi Salty! So, in my opinion, the only two appropriate choices for Moon Knight villains should either be Bushman (1sp app in Moon Knight #1 1980) or Black Spectre (1st app in Moon Knight #25 1982).

Personally, I would love to see Black Spectre. I also love that issue and its cover. Not an easy book to find in nice condition with the all black cover.

There are a few other minor type of bad guys/associates and such but nothing really screams “Moon Knight” like the two above.

If you are looking for a cool story line with cool art check out the Stephen Platt run from the 90’s. Issues 55-60. Some may say it is too cheezy and screams 90’s but it was fun (and I love his art). Caveat is they are kind of costly because of the Platt art.

The entire 80’s run was a good read and had some really great art/covers by Bill Sienkiewicz. It’s not that hard of a run to put together either. Just a couple issues that tend to get a bit pricey.

There is a cool One shot called Moon Knight: Silent Knight from sort of recent. It was a cool book and had a nice cover. I don’t think it is too costly and I liked it.

Hope that helps!!!

3 Likes

Devil thanks so much for your post. Its exactly what i was hoping for. Its funny but i did pick up the first Black Spectre a few years back because of buzz about it on CHU. I never read it though cause I was trying to keep it minty fresh.

1 Like

The Hulk backups and Marvel Preview issue, which were all written by Doug Moench, provided Moon Knight with a partial origin story and introduced one of his most notable recurring villains: Randall Spector, who would later become Shadow Knight.

I would also think almost any of the West Coast villains featured in Spider Woman and West Coast Avengers would be good choices. I would love to see the Brothers Grimm used somewhere and there’s a group including that ball guy from Hawkeye’s first mini series that would make great visuals.

:+1: :chu:

1 Like

I used to read the West Coast Avengers back in the day and I really feel like “Master Pandemonium” is a spec worthy villian for the next crop of Marvel movies. He got his powers from Mephisto and he was a cool and powerful villian.

Sun King 1st appearance Moon Knight #188

1 Like