Poyo's FOC Highlight Books for Last Call 02/22/2021

FOC is the last chance to put in your orders with your comic shops and likely get at a discount for pre-ordering.

TMNT Last Ronin #2 gets a second printing. I’m not anticipating any heat on this one but for you people who must have every cover and printing, it’s a must for those collecting TMNT and particularly this mini-series. The first issue is still doing quite well on the secondary market.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the Last Ronin #2 (of 5) (2nd Printing)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the Last Ronin #2 (of 5) (2nd Printing)|800pxxauto

Maniac of New York #1 (2nd Printing) is on FOC as well. Another additional printing. I have yet to get my copy from pre-orders from TFAW, due to all the chaos in Texas, it’s been sitting in Houston all week as it was suppose to be delivered this past Monday or Tuesday. So I haven’t gotten to read this one yet. Not a lot of action on the secondary for the first printing but the ratio did pretty well for those able to snag at cover.

Maniac of New York #1 (2nd Printing)

This next highlight pick is probably a bit bias, as I’m just a Black Knight fan. But there’s a new 5 issue series coming out that I’m hoping provides a entertaining read as I don’t expect any heat (but you never know in today’s comic book marketplace). There’s a pretty slick looking Momoko cover as well.

Black Knight Curse Ebony Blade #1 (of 5)
Black Knight Curse Ebony Blade #1 (of 5) (Momoko Variant)
Black Knight Curse Ebony Blade #1 (of 5) Cabal Stormbreakers
Black Knight Curse Ebony Blade #1 (of 5) (Nauck Headshot Variant)
Black Knight Curse Ebony Blade #1 (of 5) (Ron Lim Variant)
Black Knight Curse Ebony Blade #1 (of 5) (Black Blank Variant)

Black Knight Curse Ebony Blade #1 (of 5)

Seems like addtional prints are ruling this weeks FOC. So here’s another one for the hot new series Star Wars High Republic #1 (4th Printing Anindito Variant). I think besides the first prints, this one might be the best cover for the additional prints so far.

Star Wars High Republic #1 (4th Printing Anindito Variant)

This next one makes my FOC pick list because the cover is just awesome. The Iron Fist Heart of Dragon #3 Veregge Variant is pretty awesome as well, but now the regular cover has won me over.

Iron Fist Heart of Dragon #3 (of 6)

Iron Fist Heart of Dragon #3 (of 6)

3 Likes

Also worth mentioning for people who like living life on the edge and the “will they/won’t they” gamble of getting your order, Bad Ideas Tankers #1 is on FOC for Tuesday.

As for the stuff poyo posted, I too am a sucker for Black Knight and excited for it, so I’m getting it as a reader. Not really anything this week that stood out to me spec wise, besides maybe HR 4th print in case this is the one where people stop ordering and five years from now is the rare edition.

1 Like

Whose on the cover?

The Veregge variant may be tough to come by in 9
I with that black cover and Marvels sh!tty paper quality.

What’s her name from Wakanda I believe…

No love for Batman Catwoman #4?

No one likes Catwoman’s saggy boobs I guess.

I really have a hard time picking any DC books nowadays…

The Jim Lee variant looks decent

Yeah, that is likely the winner…reveal right before FOC. Still getting A to go with my Batman 227.

She’s got be about 70+ by now in real world time so abit of sag is expected :rofl:

Gravity is always pulling us down… :wink:

1 Like

That Jim Lee cover is more interesting than I was expecting. Now debating between this or Poyo’s “Always Bet on Cover A” rule. (I should just buy both, but… eh. I’m really trying to cut back on floppies.)

Buying both, Ax1 for the PC and Bx2 because it’s close to FOC.

If it makes you feel any better, I’m not buying any… :wink:

1 Like