Poyo's FOC Highlight Books for Last Call 05/17/2021 šŸ“¢

FOC is the last chance to put in your orders with your comic shops and likely get at a discount for pre-ordering.

Black Widow #6 came as a surprise for a lot and saw some love on the secondary market with the first appearance of Lucy Nguyen, who appears to likely become more prominent in the upcoming issues as well.

So for those that missed out, thereā€™s a Second Printing on FOC. Probably worthy of grabbing a couple of issues I say. This one might take a bit longer to heat up depending on the character development and consumer reaction.

Black Widow #6 (2nd Ptg)

Apparently Heroes Reborn #1 has been a great read thus far continuing into issue #2 as well coming from Anthonyā€™s spoilers (I mean, it is Jason Aaron who rarely disappoints). I still think to myself this is just one big What If type of event which can be fun reads but never amount to much else because we all know Miles Morales will never be Falcon in a Marvel movie. But nevertheless, I might just have to pick these up to read (or I can wait for them to start to show up on Unlimited App). For those that canā€™t wait and didnā€™t catch the first issue, thereā€™s a second printing on FOC or you can still find first printings and the variants still available.

Heroes Reborn #1 (of 7) (2nd Ptg)

The Marvels #1 is getting the second printing treatment as well. Were you able to snag a snazzy Dell Otto? If not, thatā€™s okay, neither did the rest of us (well, the most of us). This apparently has few first appearances. Weā€™ll have to wait to see how they all pan out. Might still be worth a grab though.

There is also a Star Wars: War of the Bounty Hunters Alpha #1 (2nd Ptg) which is and not surprising at the same time. I can only imagine this book was heavily ordered. If they really wanted people to seek out this second printing, should have done a new cover instead of slightly altering the cover. Might still be worthy of a grab or pre-order as I donā€™t think all shops are on board as theyā€™re likely still offloading first printings.

Six Sidekicks of Trigger Keaton #1 comes off as a potential hilarious and entertaining read. Gotta love the sidekick as the now main attraction type of story.

Six Sidekicks of Trigger Keaton #1 (Cover A - Schweizer)

Six Sidekicks of Trigger Keaton #1 (Cover B - Henderson)

If youā€™re gonna pick up any second printing, I think this one might be the one to snag.

Eve #1 (of 5) (2nd Ptg Migyeong).

I wasnā€™t even going to bother with this one, maybe wait for the trade but after a few suggested on the forums that it turned out to be a great read, I was sold after picking up a copy to read. You can still find Eve #1 (of 5) (Cover A - Anindito) available at TFAW. Probably wonā€™t last long.

Also on FOC is the next issue of Eve, Eve #2 (of 5) (Cover A - Anindito) and Eve #2 (of 5) (Cover B - Mora). FYI, TFAW lists Cover B as Andolfo but itā€™s Mora according to Previews. Probably a late change and TFAW hasnā€™t updated.

I must say, the Mora Variant B (second one down) is pure effing fantastic! Thatā€™s how itā€™s done folks! Bravo Moraā€¦ Bravo!

Eve #2 (of 5) (Cover A - Anindito)

Eve #2 (of 5) (Cover B - Andolfo)

All you SIKTC fans will be drooling over this one. Something Is Killing the Children #17 (Cover B Glow in the Dark - Yildirim).

Something Is Killing the Children #17 (Cover B Glow in the Dark - Yildirim)

The one people will likely go after cause itā€™s just different goes to Bunny Mask #1 from Aftershock Comics. Not sure how I feel about this one yet. Itā€™s either gonna be great or not is the feeling I get from the solicitation.

Sealed in a cave before the dawn of man, released by a crazed madman, Bunny Mask walks our world once more. But for what dark purpose does she use her unnatural powers? And whatā€™s her connection to Bee Foster, a young girl murdered by her father fourteen years ago? In order to save his life - and his sanity - one man will have to discover the truth of what waits behind the mask.

Bunny Mask #1 (Cover A - Mutti)
Bunny Mask #1 (Cover B - Mutti Bunny Mask)

Bunny Mask #1 (Cover A - Mutti)

Nottingham is getting a bunch of new printings. Iā€™m digging the #1 4th print and but really loving the #2 3rd printing cover art.

Nottingham #1 (of 5) (4th Ptg)
Nottingham #2 (of 5) (3rd Ptg)
Nottingham #3 (of 5) (2nd Ptg)

Nottingham #1 (of 5) (4th Ptg)

Nottingham #2 (of 5) (3rd Ptg)

Nottingham #3 (of 5) (2nd Ptg)

Only one DC book stood out to me for FOC this Sunday and that goes to the Dan Mora cover for Detective Comics #1037. Just a sweet looking cover. Love Moraā€™s artwork.

Detective Comics #1037 (Cover A - Dan Mora)

5 Likes

I am 75% sure I have 100% of these ordered already

3 Likes

Yeah I only have 4 books Iā€™m putting down but 2 of them are on his list. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Getting those Eve books for sure. I might buy this God of War too, but I wish the trade dress was minimal.
gowfg

1 Like

Havenā€™t been following ā€˜Tec lately. Whoā€™s the female cape on the bottom right?

(Huntress?)

1 Like

It looks like her.

:no_mouth::astonished::exploding_head:

The Joker in me wants to lie to you, and say ā€œNo, thatā€™s the Purple Pigeon!ā€ ā€¦ but alas I must admit that you are correct. It is the Huntress.