Poyo's FOC Highlight Books for Last Call 05/31/2021 📢

FOC is the last chance to put in your orders with your comic shops and likely get at a discount for pre-ordering.

You might want to check with your local shops or online retailers if they pushed their own FOC deadlines earlier due to the holiday this Monday (DC from Lunar I believe made Thursday night FOC deadline for orders). So this is a little late so if you missed out on anything listed here, well, too bad so sad!

Stray Dogs #1 (3rd Ptg). The covers have been great along with the story. This is one of the few books that has zero back issues when I visit my local shop if that tells you anything.

Stray Dogs #1 (3rd Ptg)

Stray Dogs #4 (2nd Ptg). Same as above, the 4th issue has a 2nd printing on FOC this week.

Stray Dogs #4 (2nd Ptg)

Did you read Plastic from Image Comics? If you did, you’re probably already got this one on your order hit list cause if this is just as good as Plastic or better, it’s gonna be a great read and is I think going into the first issue after reading an advanced preview copy.

Vinyl #1 (of 6) (Cover A) and Vinyl #1 (of 6) (Cover B).

Vinyl #1 (of 6) (Cover A - Hillyard & Stewart)

Bitter Root #14 (Cover B - Juneteenth Greene) is a great cover to celebrate this important day in our American history. Plus Bitter Root is a pretty kick ass title as well.

Bitter Root #14 (Cover B - Juneteenth Greene)

Anything Black Hammer is a must pickup for me. Black Hammer Reborn #1 is another new title to expand this ever growing collection of stories from the mind of Jeff Lemire.

There’s also a pretty cool homage of Thor #337 variant B cover: Black Hammer Reborn #1 (Jeff Lemire with Dave Stewart Variant Cover). I know, nothing ground breaking but still cool I think.

Black Hammer Reborn #1

For the Star Trek fans (and Chris Claremont) out there, this Star Trek Debt of Honor Facsimile Edition is a must pickup I think.

Star Trek Debt of Honor (Facsimile Ed)

The no brainer pickup out of the Star Wars Galaxy is Star Wars Darth Vader #13 War of the Bounty Hunters. War of the Bounty Hunters continues. Could be so many number of surprises, firsts, etc.

Star Wars Darth Vader #13 War of the Bounty Hunters

I’m really digging these regular covers for Fantastic Four Life Story.

Fantastic Four Life Story #2 (of 6) continues the retelling of one of the first classic teams coming out of Marvel and as I have yet to read the first one, has anyone read it yet?

Fantastic Four Life Story #2 (of 6)

I love this simplistic cover for Checkmate #1 (of 6) (Variant). I’m not super crazy about Bendis nowadays but I might give it a go just because I’ll likely pick this one up for the cover.

Checkmate #1 (of 6) (Variant)

I’m picking it up because Garth Ennis rarely disappoints. Batman Reptilian #1 (of 6) (Cover A). There’s also the a Cully Hamner B variant: Batman Reptilian #1 (of 6) (Cover B - Cully Hamner Card Stock Variant)

Batman Reptilian #1 (of 6) (Cover A - Liam Sharp Card Stock)

Wonder Woman #774 (Cover B - Joshua Middleton Card Stock Variant) is just a great cover by Middleton. He certainly knows how to extend his artistic skills by not doing the same thing over and over like some artists tend to do (which is okay, they master their own style)… but this certainly makes Middleton stand out I think from the norm.

Wonder Woman #774 (Cover B - Joshua Middleton Card Stock Variant)

2 Likes