Poyo's FOC Highlight Books for Last Call 06/28/2021 📢

FOC is the last chance to put in your orders with your comic shops and likely get at a discount for pre-ordering.

I’ve read it and I liked it. So it’s made the cut and I think a lot of fans of Emilia Clarke will be chasing this one.

M.o.M. Mother of Madness #1 (of 3) (Cover A - Ratcliffe)
M.o.M Mother of Madness #1 (of 3) (Cover B - Bartel)
M.o.M Mother of Madness #1 (of 3) (Cover C - Leiz)
M.o.M Mother of Madness #1 (of 3) (Cover D - Blank Cover)

M.o.M. Mother of Madness #1 (of 3) (Cover A - Ratcliffe)

Radiant Black #5 (2nd Ptg) might be a book to nab, if this series ever truly takes off with more popularity or turns into a show, since it has a bunch of first appearances within.

You can still find the B variant first printing at TFAW: Radiant Black #5 (Cover B - Greco)

Radiant Black #5 (2nd Ptg)

Tales from Harrow County: Fair Folk #1 is for all fans who read and followed Harrow County. The first volume saw some love long ago, maybe this will renew interest as I believe this was optioned at one time but I’m sure that’s been long expired.

Tales from Harrow County: Fair Folk #1 (Tyler Crook Variant Cover)

Star Wars High Republic Adventures #6 is a must. I really like this cover as well. Ignore the one on TFAW, that’s the RI which I think was wrong on Previews for a while until it got updated.

If you love Godzilla and particularly the old movies… this is a must.

Godzilla Monsters & Protectors #4 (Cover B - Photo Cover)

Godzilla Monsters & Protectors #4 (Cover B - Photo Cover)

I just love this old retro looking cover for Amazing Fantasy #1 (of 5) (Andrews Variant).

Amazing Fantasy #1 (of 5) (Andrews Variant)

Seems we get these black box hidden character covers and after X amount of time passes, they heat up. Might be interesting pickup for Guardians of the Galaxy #16 (Annihilus).

Guardians of the Galaxy #16 (Annihilus)

Moon Knight #1. Do I need to explain? Lots of covers, lots of variants, lots of store exclusives in anticipation of the new show coming soon. It’s a must for any Moon Knight fan though.

And out of all the variants, with McNiven doing the regular covers, some of these A covers will be the best to choose from I think.

Looks like the Hotz Variant is still showing up in stock for those interested at TFAW.

Star Wars War of the Bounty Hunters Jabba Hutt #1 has confirmed a first appearance of a bounty hunter that’s centuries old from the High Republic. So yeah… worthy of a grab and she’s on the Variant B by Chang and also on the 1:25 ratio.

Star Wars War of the Bounty Hunters Jabba Hutt #1

Dark Blood #1 by BOOM! looks promising. Will the 6 issue mini-series turn into an ongoing after they deem it worthy? We shall see…

I’m also digging this B variant as well: Dark Blood #1 (of 6) (Cover B - Ba)

Another title that’s been great so far gets a second printing. Eve #2 (of 5) (2nd Ptg Anindito) could be a worthy pickup if this series takes off with more popularity and readers who come back to seek out the additional covers and such.

Impure #1 (2nd Ptg) has a pretty slick looking second print variant cover. Much better than the first printing I must say. If they started with a cover like this, I bet this one would have seen more buzz as the story was pretty good if you ask me.

Impure #1 (2nd Ptg)

3 Likes

So many store variants for, “Moon Knight.” I’m keeping it simple and getting cover A. Maybe some ratio covers.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m buying Cover A, the Gist, Veregge that turned into the Del Otto I believe and the Hotz (cause I just like Hotz). Oh and I have the Siekiewicz but haven’t decided yet to drop or not at TFAW. Not sure I wanna spend that much on a variant but I know my local shop likely won’t have it out at cover.

Oh and I forgot to add my DC FOC pick goes to:

Nightwing #81 (2nd Print)

Yeah I’m torn with Moonknight covers.

Should I do it? Should I post it? You know what you need to do right when you can’t choose right?

always

I did it! @SpideyHunter516

1 Like

Lmao. A for sure. It’s the others I’m wondering do I buy now or wait for Midtowncomics sale on #1s

Totally meant to add this one as well:

Usagi Yojimbo #20 (2nd Ptg)

I just have a hard time believing any of these Moon Knight ratios will be over ratio a month after release. The market will be saturated partly because of a billion store variants I’m betting you will be able to get them on the cheap once the undercutting starts after release

4 Likes

Yup. I’m only buying like two cover A and 1 of the others just to have sooner rather than later.

1 Like

Well, unless TFAW fixes or updates their FOC date, we can likely expect Yojimbo to vanish from being available so get those orders in early just in case. Especially since July 5th is day after holiday so I expect most things closed that day, FOC will probably get pushed earlier by most shops.

I like the Kirkham store exclusive…but I ain’t paying over cover.

I’m getting Zaffino and Dell’otto variants. I wonder what the Veregge cover was. Hmm

1 Like

They been blasting this book over socials and emails since yesterday. Store variants incoming I put money on it.

5 Likes