Poyo's FOC Highlight Books for Last Call 08/02/2021 📢

FOC is the last chance to put in your orders with your comic shops and likely get at a discount for pre-ordering.

If you don’t read it, at least buy them for the amazing cover art. Amazing Fantasy #2 (of 5) is another great looking cover. Honestly I’m not even sure why they’re bothering with the open order B and C variants, the regular cover already set the bar as high as it could possibly go I think.

Amazing Fantasy #2 (of 5)

I have a gut feeling good things will come out of the new Darkhawk series. Darkhawk #1 (of 5) is on FOC and it’s a definite pickup.

Darkhawk #1 (of 5)
Darkhawk #1 (of 5) (Yu Variant)
Darkhawk #1 (of 5) (Ron Lim Variant)
Darkhawk #1 (of 5) (Deodato Jr Hidden Gem Variant)
Darkhawk #1 (of 5) (Larraz Design Variant)

Darkhawk #1 (of 5)

Do I need to explain why one must be picking up or reading Star Wars Darth Vader #15 (War of the Bounty Hunters)? I love Ochi is on this cover.

Star Wars Darth Vader #15 (Wanted Poster Variant War of the Bounty Hunters)
Star Wars Darth Vader #15 (Sprouse Lucasfilm 50th Variant War of the Bounty Hunters)

Star Wars Darth Vader #15 (War of the Bounty Hunters)

And then there’s also Star Wars Doctor Aphra #13 (War of the Bounty Hunters). Another must pickup.

Star Wars Doctor Aphra #13 (Wanted Poster Variant War of the Bounty Hunters)
Star Wars Doctor Aphra #13 (Sprouse Lucasfilm 50th Variant War of the Bounty Hunters)

Star Wars Doctor Aphra #13 (War of the Bounty Hunters)

Winter Guard #1 (of 4) could end up as a refreshing new title with characters who don’t normally get their own series. Looking forward to it myself.

Winter Guard #1 (of 4) (Lashley Variant)
Winter Guard #1 (of 4) (Nauck Headshot Variant)

Winter Guard #1 (of 4)

Black Widow #10 has 3 awesome open order covers if you ask me. Buy all 3 and if you’re budget limits you to just one and you can’t decide, just go with cover A.

Black Widow #10 (Brooks Variant)
Black Widow #10 (Netease Marvel Games Variant)

Black Widow #10

Dark Blood #1 (of 6) (3rd Ptg De Landro) is already on it’s 3rd printing. BOOM! certainly loves those additional printings, cutting the order times really short. BOOM! loves giving that false sense of demand by making the order windows super small for retailers.

There’s nothing spectacular about this new printing, reused artwork from the first printing with different color shade.

For you Spawn fanboys and girls out there… King Spawn #1 (Cover A - Lee) is on FOC. Lots of covers to choose from.

King Spawn #1 (Cover B - McFarlane)
King Spawn #1 (Cover C - Finch)
King Spawn #1 (Cover D - Murphy)
King Spawn #1 (Cover E - Capullo)
King Spawn #1 (Cover F - Booth)
King Spawn #1 (Cover G - Cates)

King Spawn #1 (Cover A - Lee)

I love Scalera’s cover art so this Wonder Girl #3 (Cover B - Matteo Scalera Card Stock Variant) has my attention.

The hit new series We Live keeping going back for additional reprints. This time we get We Live #4 (2nd Ptg). Might be overlooked by a lot of retailers I think.

We Live #4 (2nd Ptg)a

1 Like

I really disappointed with the cover of Amazing Fantasy 1. It’s such a good cover (they all are), but they dumped a bunch of terrible copy over the cover to try to make it look like a 1978 fantasy novel. Killed the vibe a bit for me.

2 Likes

The extra trade lettering gives me that old 70s fantasy magazine look… I love it!

4 Likes

I think they’re trying to go after this type of feel and look you saw in the 70s magazines and such…

1 Like

I don’t mind the extra text but a virgin variant would be dope.

1 Like

I’m really digging the Darkhawk covers. Might have to get up to the 1:50 ratio cover.

1 Like

Just skimmed through Wolverine #14 - there was no origin of Solemn like most were expecting but it was first appearance of a pirate crime Lord (who’s on the cover of #15). Solemn was mentioned on the last page of 14 making me think his origin will actually be in Wolverine #15 which is on FOC this 8/02. If anyone still cares about Solem.

1 Like