Poyo's FOC Highlight Books for Last Call 08/30/2021 📢

FOC is the last chance to put in your orders with your comic shops and likely get at a discount for pre-ordering.

Frontiersman #1 is a new Image book I’m looking forward to. I got an advanced preview and I like it. This is an ongoing series so that means, if it sticks with no huge delays between issues, there’s chance at some secondary market love I think.

Frontiersman #1 (Cover B - Scalera) - Gotta love a good Scalera cover…

Frontiersman #1 (Cover A - Ferrari)

Radiant Black #7 (2nd Ptg) gets a second printing. Yes, this is a newer age Power Rangers if you ask me but for those that love this sort of heroes and stories, this could turn into something along the beaten path so these might be good issues to grab for all the early appearances and such.

Radiant Black #7 (2nd Ptg)

Nocterra #6 (2nd Ptg) also gets a second print after the arc concluded. This is a great series that everyone should be reading.

Nocterra #6 (2nd Ptg)

Star Wars Adv Ghost Vaders Castle #1 (of 5) (Cover A - Francavill) is a new volume for the Vaders Castle title. These have been good fun and I love Francavilla pumping out the covers for these.

Star Wars Adv Ghost Vaders Castle #1 (of 5) (Cover B - Charm)

Star Wars Adv Ghost Vaders Castle #1 (of 5) (Cover A - Francavill)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the Last Ronin #1 (of 5) (4th Printing) gets a 4th printing. It’s been what almost a year since the first printing debuted.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles the Last Ronin #1 (of 5) (4th Printing)

The additional prints seem to dominate the FOC at times. Maybe I should just rename this to the Additional Printing Highlight picks…

Dark Blood #3 (of 6) (Cover B - Ba) is just an awesome cover. I love the old EC retro look.

Dark Blood #3 (of 6) (Cover B - Ba)

It’s going to be interesting to see how Spencer ends his run on Amazing Spider-Man #74, which marks the 875th issue for Amazing Spider-Man.

The solicitations read as, “It’s all lead to this… “Hunted,” “Sins Rising,” “Last Remains,” “King’s Ransom,” “Chameleon Conspiracy,” “Sinister War”…and so much more all led to this climax and conclusion to Nick Spencer’s landmark run on the best comic book in the world.” … which has me thinking, if they changed “landmark” to “lackluster”, then maybe I’d be onboard. Either way though, Spencer is off so it’s on the picks to see how he goes out in ending his run for this title that use to be the best comic book in the world… (Sorry Spencer, I really do like a lot of your work but this run was not good at all) .

Avengers #47 (2nd Ptg Variant).

Avengers #47 (2nd Ptg Variant)

Defenders #1 (of 5) (2nd Ptg Variant) is just an awesome cover. We need more covers like this, like we had in the Silver and Bronze age of comics.

Miles Morales Spider-Man #29 (2nd Ptg Variant) is another great cover for the 2nd printing.

Spirits of Vengeance Spirit Rider #1 (2nd Ptg Variant) is yet another 2nd print cover I’m really digging. Just a BW of the first printing but I’m a sucker for Ghost Rider and related characters.

Spirits of Vengeance Spirit Rider #1 (2nd Ptg Variant)

Forget all the other variants, the best cover hands down goes to the regular A cover for Death of Doctor Strange #1 (of 5). This is also a series I’m looking forward to.

Death of Doctor Strange #1 (of 5)

Daredevil #33 (2nd Ptg Variant) gets the second printing treatment as well. You can still find the first printing available as well.

Aquaman the Becoming #1 (of 6) might be good but could also be a dud. It doesn’t hurt it’s Brandon Thomas though writing who I’ve enjoyed in the past.

Aquaman the Becoming #1 (of 6) (Cover B - Khary Randolph Card Stock Variant)
Aquaman the Becoming #1 (of 6) (Cover C - 1:25 Francis Manapul Card Stock Variant)

Aquaman the Becoming #1 (of 6) (Cover A - David Talaski)

Some of the best Batman stories are the one off titles. So I’m looking forward to Batman vs Bigby a Wolf in Gotham #1 (of 6).

Batman vs Bigby a Wolf in Gotham #1 (of 6) (Cover B - Brian Level & Jay Leisten Card Stock Variant)

Batman vs Bigby a Wolf in Gotham #1 (of 6) (Cover A - Yanick Paquette)

1 Like

Is Gun Honey #1 worth a look?

In case you missed this thread on Gun Honey:

1 Like

Maybe but my take on it is, it’s a Titan book and those I kind of treat like Dynamite when it comes to short and long term spec value.

1 Like

I just bought a few copies of the Adam Hughes regular book; not sold on the other covers. I think there was a Cover E that I preordered but TFAW cancelled. The cover image was not posted yet, so I’m curious about it.

Cover A is probably worth grabbing. Can’t go wrong with Sienkiewicz.

Cover A for Gun Honey fits more with the theme of the story. Cover A usually hold more value for a first appearance. The only time that variant covers do better if they are much better looking than the main cover , shows a first appearance of a major character or if it’s an incentive cover.

United States of Captain America #4.
A new character, Ari Agbayani, a Filipino American Captain America.
Three covers total; Ari is on two of them.
The1:25 Momoko variant and the design variant (open order).
The main cover looks interesting, with a shadowy long-haired female character.
Could she be a new villain?
Anyway looks interesting

It was mentioned in another thread, cover A of #4 features Sin, daughter of Red Skull who is also in issue 2.

It seems everybody and their dog are getting the Hughes cover. Maybe Cover A will be a light print.

Here is a look at some of the interior art… it appears Cover C might be taken directly from the interior of the book. Cover C girl has similar attributes to the Hughes Cover girl. :smiley:

Interior Art

Cover C

When it comes to Titan books. I buy because I either want to read or I like. I never… EVER spec on Titan cause if they do heat up, it’s very brief. A fart in a car with the windows rolled down going 90 down the freeway lasts longer than heat on a Titan book. :wink:

1 Like