Poyo's FOC Highlight Books for Last Call 09/20/2021 📢

FOC is the last chance to put in your orders with your comic shops and likely get at a discount for pre-ordering.

Kicking off this weeks FOC list with the Marvel picks…

Amazing Spider-Man #76 is first up. Oh no, what’s happened to our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man? Well, new writers so I’ll be checking out since Spencer’s run on this title had me yawning…

The Amazing Spider-Man #76 (Jusko Marvel Masterpieces Variant) is a pretty cool variant as well. I love the old school looking Green Goblin.

Amazing Spider-Man #76

World War She-Hulk continues in Avengers #49. Will this one have anything special within or are they waiting until the big #50 (#750 Legacy)? Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Avengers #49 (Cabal Stormbreakers Variant)
Avengers #49 (Liefeld Deadpool 30th Variant)
Avengers #49 (Jusko Marvel Masterpieces Variant)

Avengers #49

Hoping for just a good read with Black Panther Legends #1 (of 4) but hopefully there’s more on the speculative side with this title as well. Only one way to find out right? Buy it, read it and then talk about it (unless there’s nothing to really talk about).

Black Panther Legends #1 (of 4) (Stelfreeze Variant)
Black Panther Legends #1 (of 4) (Artist B Variant)

Black Panther Legends #1 (of 4)

Crimson Dawn invades Star Wars Doctor Aphra #15 Wobh. These are must pick ups for me. If and when Doctor Aphra gets her own Disney+ show, all her books gonna have potential from the stories and characters within.

Star Wars Doctor Aphra #15 (Frenz Handbook Variant) Wobh
Star Wars Doctor Aphra #15 (Sprouse Lucasfilm 50th Variant) Wobh
Star Wars Doctor Aphra #15 (Pichelli Carbonite Variant) Wobh

Star Wars Doctor Aphra #15 Wobh

The 2nd, 3rd and other additional printings for Marvel:

Dark Ages #1 (of 6) (2nd Ptg)
Moon Knight #1 (3rd Ptg Cappuccio Variant)

And if Omnibuses are your thing (which they should be, make great bookshelf pieces while also making it easy to read your favorite issues without man/woman handling them), this should be on your hit list, Star Wars Legends Empire Omnibus HC Vol 01 Sandra Cover pictured below. Best time to buy Omnibuses are pre-order, saves you money and most shops don’t order more than a few of these for the shelf stock being as pricey as they are.

There’s a variant cover which is pretty bad ass: Star Wars Legends Empire Omnibus HC Vol 01 Wilkins Dm Var

Star Wars Legends Empire Omnibus HC Vol 01 Sandra Cover

For you Gunslinger Spawn fans, comes the new Gunslinger Spawn #1.

Tons of covers, gonna be over printed with retailers acting like consumers… pick the cover you like and leave it at that.

Gunslinger Spawn #1 (Cover A - Booth)

Department of Truth has over a handful of 2nd printings spanning 6 issues. I’m not gonna post their images here, they all look the same to me. But for you Tynion fans and completists of this title, you know you’ll buy them to love them, cherish them briefly while bag and boarding them to then tuck them away into that Tynion-only titles Longbox of Love!

I’m probably buying After Dark One Shot (Cover A - Tony Harris) just for the cover art alone. I like Tony Harris. We need more of his art on covers.

After Dark One Shot (Cover A - Tony Harris)

Chicken Devil #1 (Cover C - Mask Variant) came a little after the initial regular cover Chicken Devil #1 (Cover A - Hayden Sherman). I love it being I’m a chicken and all…

Chicken Devil #1 (Cover C - Mask Variant)

Who doesn’t love a good Jack the Ripper story? I can’t be the only one who loves the mystery murder crimes type of stories. So Cross to Bear #1 (Cover A - Banovic) is on my hit list. Just hoping for a decent read, any heat is bonus if you ask me.

Cross to Bear #1 (Cover A - Banovic)

And it’s not a comic but a hardcover of one my all time favorites, Mega Man.

Mega Man X Official Complete Works HC looks great. Someone buy it for me as a gift for entertainment when I’m all alone and afraid in Anthony’s basement please.

I’m kidding about buying it for me but seriously, for you Mega Man fans out there, it’s a must.

Mega Man X Official Complete Works HC

I think Lee Weeks is underrated. His B Cover for Batman 89 #3 (of 6) (Cover B - Lee Weeks Card Stock Variant) is pretty slick. I’m digging it.

Batman 89 #3 (of 6) (Cover B - Lee Weeks Card Stock Variant)

She has her fans but not as much heat now as retailers are keeping up with demand I think, but her work is hit or miss with some out there but I’m liking Future State Gotham #6 (Cover B - Rose Besch Card Stock Variant).

Future State Gotham #6 (Cover B - Rose Besch Card Stock Variant)

It’s going to either be a hit or a miss. Nubia and the Amazons #1 (of 6) (Cover A - Alitha Martinez) is a new Amazonian story coming out of Infinite Frontier. Could be one of those titles though that come back later on depending on if DC keeps tabs on them in future stories, etc.

1 Like

I know that it sounds dumb but… who is that supposed to be on the cover of Future State Gotham 6? It looks like Spoiler, but I don’t think it is… did I miss something in 1-5? Maybe I’ll have to re-read.

Issue #4 is the 1st appearance of “Hunter Panic”

Not sure if that is her on the BESCH cover?.

Hunter Panic has been seen before, but this is a new person under the armor. Could be her as "Spoiler Panic "?

I remember a Mother Panic?, like you said this is someone totally different that found her suit and is using it. Her name is Jodi Edwards, Mother Panic Violet Paige.

Someone on Twitter said the person on the BESCH cover is Cassandra Cain…

I knew this rang a bell. There was that “Mother Panic,” comic under the short-lived, “Young Animal,” line that also featured a new, “Doom Patrol,” comic I enjoyed but quit reading as it was delayed months at a time.

1 Like

@agentpoyo from innards of Future State Gotham 6, I found some Stokoe art that you may enjoy.

20211018-085508

2 Likes

Very nice… Stokoe is awesome…

Stokoe makes some damn fine comics.