Poyo's FOC Highlight Books for Last Call November 7/8th 2021 📢

FOC is the last chance to put in your orders with your comic shops and likely get at a discount for pre-ordering.

Remember, today 11/7/2021 is the final cut off for DC (Other Lunar Publishers they distribute) and Marvel. Another big Marvel FOC so we’ll start with those.

Amazing Spider-Man #82 (Fornes Variant) has a cover I just like. The regular cover is pretty cool too but this one takes me back to the old ceiling cat is watching you memes.

Amazing Spider-Man #82 (Artist Variant)

Also on FOC is Amazing Spider-Man #83 which Gleason is doing the interiors for. I like his covers, even if they’re a little redundant where he’s capitalizing on a style that is making him and Marvel money. If you don’t like it, sue him or something…

Amazing Spider-Man #83

Avengers #51 kicks off a new arc and I’m onboard. Sounds like it could be good and Aaron rarely disappoints with his writing.

Avengers #51 (Artist Variant)
Avengers #51 (Devils Reign Villain Variant)
Avengers #51 (Liefeld Deadpool 30th Variant)

Avengers #51

YAAB… Yet Another Avengers Book but I’m still picking this one up: Avengers Forever #1. Lot’s of potential when it’s dealing with the multiverse.

Avengers Forever #1 (Artist a Variant)
Avengers Forever #1 (Dauterman Variant)

Avengers Forever #1

Another kick ass regular cover for Black Widow that’s been seeing some buzz on the secondary for this volume goes to Black Widow #13. Marvel must feel this one is special, odd that a #13 has so many variants available.

Black Widow #13 (Devil’s Reign Villain Variant)
Black Widow #13 (Pimentel Variant)
Black Widow #13 (Momoko Variant)
Black Widow #13 (Pimentel Design Variant) - This is the 1:50 Variant. TFAW seems to have available for $34.99 after discount but it’s getting listed on eBay for around $99.99 from a lot of sellers. Do note, TFAW has some warehouse woes currently but since this is a pre-order a ways out, hopefully there’s no delays when this one is released if you plan to capitalize on the whole, buy low, sell high.

Black Widow #13

Hawkeye Kate Bishop #2 (of 5) is on FOC. I’m hoping this is a fun read. Surprised they’re doing just a mini-series instead of a longer running ongoing with the show on the horizon. Oh well… Marvel loves those #1 reboots to boost those print run dollars.

Hawkeye Kate Bishop #2 (of 5) (Hans Variant)

Hawkeye Kate Bishop #2 (of 5)

This one for Phoenix Song Echo #3 (of 5) (Bachalo Variant) has been on my radar for a while. Just love it, the simplicity.

Phoenix Song Echo #3 (of 5) (Bachalo Variant)

Now all the Star Wars on FOC for this week:

Star Wars Bounty Hunters #19:
Star Wars Bounty Hunters #19
Star Wars Bounty Hunters #19 (Yu Variant) Wobh
Star Wars Bounty Hunters #19 (Sprouse Lucasfilm 50th Variant)

Star Wars Doctor Aphra #17:
Star Wars Doctor Aphra #17
Star Wars Doctor Aphra #17 (Forbes Variant)
Star Wars Doctor Aphra #17 (Sprouse Lucasfilm 50th Variant)

Star Wars High Republic Trail of Shadows #3:
Star Wars High Republic Trail Shadows #3 (of 5)
Star Wars High Republic Trail Shadows #3 (of 5) (Wu Variant)

Star Wars High Republic Adventures #11:
Star Wars High Republic Adventures #11 (Cover A - Tolibao)

And for you Magazine Junkies, Star Wars Insider #207:
Star Wars Insider #207 (Newsstand Edition)
Star Wars Insider #207 Previews Exclusive Ed
Star Wars Insider #207 (FOC Sliney Virgin Variant)

King of Spies #1 (of 4) (Cover A - Scalera). It’s a decent read. I like Scalera’s art so that’s a bonus. I wouldn’t bother going heavy on this one. Buy the cover you like best and make it a reader book.

King of Spies #1 (of 4) (Cover B - Scalera B&W)
King of Spies #1 (of 4) (Cover C - Chiarello)
King of Spies #1 (of 4) (Cover D - Yildirim)
King of Spies #1 (of 4) (Cover E - Blank Cover)

King of Spies #1 (of 4) (Cover A - Scalera)

Animal Castle #1 (Cover A - Felix Delep Main Cover) might be a decent read. I can’t recall the last Ablaze book that heated up so definitely in it for the indie aspect of hopefully an entertaining read at minimum.

Animal Castle #1 (Cover B - Delep Miss Bangalore & Kids Variant)
Animal Castle #1 (Cover C - Blank Sketch)

Animal Castle #1 (Cover A - Felix Delep Main Cover)

Another indie from Vault Comics is Lunar Room #1 hoping it’s entertaining as I’m not anticipating this one to fly off the shelves with demand.

Lunar Room #1 (Cover A - Sposito)
Lunar Room #1 (Cover B - Howell)

Lunar Room #1 (Cover A - Sposito)

I enjoyed the first volume of Maniac of New York so I’m in it with Maniac of New York Bronx Burning #1 (Cover A - Mutti).

Maniac of New York Bronx Burning #1 (Cover B - Mutti Mask Variant)

Maniac of New York Bronx Burning #1 (Cover A - Mutti)

I enjoyed Red Room from Piskor so count me in on Red Room Trigger Warnings #1 (Cover A) as well.

Red Room Trigger Warnings #1 (Cover A)

Swamp Thing #10 (of 10) (Cover B - Brian Bolland Card Stock Variant) for the cover art.

Swamp Thing #10 (of 10) (Cover B - Brian Bolland Card Stock Variant)

Enjoyed the first issue. Looking forward to the second issue and this one: Arkham City the Order of the World #3 (of 6).

Arkham City the Order of the World #3 (of 6) (Cover B - Gary Frank Card Stock Variant)

Arkham City the Order of the World #3 (of 6) (Cover A - Sam Wolfe Connelly)

Another one for the cover goes to DC Horror Presents Soul Plumber #3 (of 6) (Cover B - Kyle Hotz Card Stock Variant). He’s truly mastering these psychedelic type of art for these covers.

DC Horror Presents Soul Plumber #3 (of 6) (Cover B - Kyle Hotz Card Stock Variant)

3 Likes

Don’t forget that a LOT of DC Annual are on FOC as well. Joker, Robin, Tec, Superman: Son of Kal-El, Nightwing and then there is this bad boy with a sweet, classic National Comics / DC Comics header homage.

Screenshot-20211107-073035-Comic-Hub

I REALLY like this Gleason cover

1 Like

This cover gave me flashbacks

1 Like

Soul Plumber is a gem and I regret not preordering any copies. I love the humor.