Poyo's Spec and Picks for November 1st/2nd, 2022

Bendis is done. I love the guy but his books are bad.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve yet to read and have given him chances too (at least on his creator owned stuff). Sounds like my stance on Tynion now, I know people love him but his writing is just awful to me. I just canā€™t do it anymore, to pick up to read.

Tynion is hit or miss. I still like SIKTC, at least the main title. Everything Bendis churns out now is garbage.

1 Like

House of Slaughter is a garbage pile. And its likely slowed up the actual interesting title. But he wants to get paid.

Spin offs stories that were meant to actually be a mini-series are usually just cash grabs from the original success book for sure.

1 Like

As soon as the book starts youā€™re hit with cliche Bendis dialogue and its painful to read

I canā€™t recall many Bendis books Iā€™ve liked. Ultimate Spider-Man was ā€œOKā€ā€¦His run on daredevil was good, but Brubaker taking over was much better.

Thatā€™s about it.

2 Likes

I re-read DD a few months ago. It holds up well.

Bendis works best when hes writing a solo story like Spider-Man or Daredevil , when heā€™s writing team books it goes to shit because all of the characters talk the exact same . Bendis speak for a 15 year old Peter is fine because it might be expected some teens talk like that, but when the new avengers talk like that its awful

Powers brought me back into comics. His DD run was excellent.

1 Like

Itā€™s ironic to think, Kirkman with Walking Dead got me back into comics and now I canā€™t stand the guy or his writing and titles nowā€¦

3 Likes