Poyo's Spec & Drek for June 16th, 2021

Deadpool’s elbow is a total mess of creation.

1 Like

3.) Aren’t they both the same height (6’2”)?

image image

4 Likes

Lmao that’s crazy ready the height description for both and the drawing is completely off. Cap looks like hes 275 or so. I love how Rob doesnt differentiate line weight in the inking process. And how he hides mistakes with the black blotches.

3 Likes

Deadpool’s sword is comically small.

He probably inked in caps hand/arm first then adjusted the length. Hes like JRJR progressively getting worse.

1 Like

That’s not what I’ve heard!

1 Like

Poor Cap still has his lemon-shaped shield.

2 Likes

At least those drawings look complete. His art now looks so rushed or half assed. The detail is missing. The colorist does the heavy lifting.

1 Like

Hi, my name is Rob Liefeld and not only can I not draw feet but I cannot for the life of me learn how to draw circles.

1 Like

He is the Henry Ford of comic artists: he can draw any character as long as they don’t have feet, have pouches, unphysical limbs, and swords and guns. If he drew Magik… she’d have to have a gun.

1 Like

More so than the art, that typesetting for my OCD with the letter “N” makes it read “Densities”. Stupid layout, not to mention the anatomy issues…

1 Like

3 Likes

Plz, plz, plz spoiler tags. I got spoiled on this issue from this post a few days ago. I was staying out of the Nightwing thread purposely until I read this.

Oh, you got served, @agentpoyo !!

if you dont want spoilers, than dont click on threads with spec in the title.

Spec =/= blatant spoilers. Something like “First full appearance of Heartless along with an unexpected revelation…” is equally affective at driving home the point that this can be speculated to be a key/hot book.

I know, you want to flip the book I GET IT, but, believe it or not some of us enjoy the read and like being surprised.

1 Like

From what I can tell cheapest copy of cover A on the bay is now $30.

Hope everyone secured copies through TFAW or other means! Didn’t see any on shelves yesterday.

1 Like

The Venom #35 Spoiler topic actually had the Spoiler as the Subject, that one was a clear indicator of a no no to me.

And I my post was a little different, as I don’t think I really spoiled anything to be honest. Heartless was already a known character and most of the mention of Dick’s sister was already spread around the interwebs.

But yes, @Kevin is right in a sense. Spec threads might contain slight spoilers, because we’re speculating in them so things might get mentioned, particularly if we see the book is already heating up on pre-sales. If you don’t like any type of spoilers, don’t read spec topics. :wink:

Also, no where did I say those words you quoted. All I mentioned was Dick’s sister after “first full of Heartless”, nothing more or less. I didn’t even say her name or who she was. I’ve seen more spoilers in solicitations for books at times.

Also the solicitation for the book pretty much indicates Heartless was going to be in the story, so that one doesn’t even count either… :wink:

Dick Grayson trades out his escrima sticks for a magnifying glass and a sleuth hat to investigate Blüdhaven’s new mayor, Melinda Zucco, and find out how the daughter of the man who murdered Dick’s parents came to power in Nightwing’s city. But his investigative adventure is cut short when he comes face to face with the most horrendous villain in the history of Blüdhaven—HEARTLESS.

1 Like