Poyo's Spec & Drek NYCC Phantom Starkiller #1 Variant Contest

@ein - nice one with the Queen reference

1 Like

And David Bowie.

1 Like

If we’re talking songs with interesting lineages, “All Along the Watchtower,” was a Bob Dylan song that Richie Havens was playing and then a young guy named Jimi Hendrix heard it and loved it. All the versions are good.

1 Like

Who I prefer over Queen…

1 Like

Of course! Such a classic

1 Like

Well, obviously you picked Venom #29 because your spec pics are about as speculative as grabbing an order from and ordering Venom because, like, no one is reading this already and we all need to be told to buy this series, or otherwise we wouldn’t be buying it without the guidance of someone who considers himself a secretagent. Oh, po yo, and you’re big hitting picks. And that drek pick? Come on, man. You are just buying this for the oversized boobs so you can place it on the wall next to your Milo Manara Spider-woman #1 variant booty shot issue so you can have a matching body set to look at when you lay in bed at night. Spec and drek? More like blah and bleh! :wink:

Keep’em coming or I’m gonna declare a winner… I just sold my other copy listed for $100… entertain me, win a book worth $100… doesn’t get any better I say…

So… now I’m actually curious why you picked the A cover of Scumbag and not the B cover. Because this bad boy is clearly an homage to Matthew McConaughey if he was in Repo! The Genetic Opera.

I picked the book in general, not a particular cover. I normally post the Regular A cover unless I’m specifically picking a book on it’s cover.

1 Like

Ah, thanks! I only wondered because a couple of the others were of specific covers.

@agentpoyo

Another Harley Quinn book? DC is really milking that one aren’t they? Speaking of milking, how many fan boys wish they were one of the kids on that Scalera cover?

1 Like

Another week, and it’s more Donny Cates. King in Black or Blue. Whatever color he decides to make it, it’s sure to sell well. Oh by the way… there is a werewolf book just in time for Halloween. Maybe we will get a Santa book for Christmas. One can only hope right?

I’ve read all the comments here and on the main article and there is still one that truly stands out as a few lines just made me laugh out loud…

So if no one else wants a go, I’m probably gonna be picking the winner tonight…

3 Likes

Congrats to the winner, whoever it is!

…maybe me?

Maybe a drum roll first?

Congratulations, Kenny! I think your Spider-Woman comment was my favorite of yours.

2 Likes

Yeah… it’s funny cause it’s true! :wink:

1 Like

Congrats to Kenny!

Grats Kenny :jack_o_lantern: