Poyo's Spec & Picks for Dec 15th, 2021

Welcome to this weeks spec. This is where we pick the winners each week we (or shall I say myself) think will be spec worthy, a great read or just cool looking art on the cover.

Marvel Picks

Demon Days Rising Storm #1 hits stands this week but I’m really digging the Kaare Andrews Variant. Just a slick looking Killer B.

Eternals #8 is coming out but I’m really liking the old retro MCU variant by Chris Wahl.

I don’t know what I’m looking at but for some reason I like it with Strange Academy #14. Is this the offspring between Grimace and a purple bowling ball?

Star Wars High Republic #12 is a must.

Star Wars High Republic #12 (McKone Variant)

Star Wars High Republic #12

I’ve been meaning to read Hulk but have yet due to the delays at TFAW. Hulk #2 comes out this week and it’s already sold out at TFAW from the looks of things.

DC Picks

The only thing I like coming out of DC this week is two Joker #10 covers. The Francavilla regular is for any fan of his and then the Stokoe variant. Love both these artists.

Indie and Small Publisher Picks

I tend to like these heroes gone missing stories. Cloaked #1 is just that story.

Star Wars High Republic Adventures Annual 2021 #1 (Cover A - Simeone) is a must for me. Love this High Republic title from IDW.

Star Wars High Republic Adventures Annual 2021 #1 (Cover B - Loo)

Star Wars High Republic Adventures Annual 2021 #1 (Cover A - Simeone)

Download #1 I’m hoping is a decent read at minimum. If it turns out to be more, even better. Chitwood has seen some of his past titles heat up so there’s still a chance but I’m not feeling it this round.

Download #1

Odinn’s Eye #1 from Bad Idea is already being listed at $25 on the secondary market.

|800pxxauto

2 Likes

Wolverine wastelanders 1 could be interesting. Solicitation suggests new villain for Wolverine. Defenders #4 should also be a good read. The preview for hulk 2 has a team of new characters, but they are quickly obliterated by the hulk spaceship.

“Sex,” was a cool story about a hero retiring and the city falling apart. Kind of a messy plot that sprawled all over the place, but I liked it. Now it comes out once a year or so in just trades instead of single issues, it seems.