Poyo's Spec & Picks for Dec 1st, 2021

Welcome to this weeks spec. This is where we pick the winners each week we (or shall I say myself) think will be spec worthy, a great read or just cool looking art on the cover.

I know it’s already Wednesday but better late than never right?

Marvel Picks

Hefty price but already sold out at TFAW from the looks of things. Midtown still has some but lots on eBay. It’s Avengers #50.

Long time Black Bolt fan here. I wish Marvel would do more with this character so I get excited when he gets any title or added to a series. This week we get Darkhold Black Bolt #1.

Darkhold Black Bolt #1

Death of Doctor Strange White Fox #1 is a pick for the potential long term I think.

Death of Doctor Strange White Fox #1

Hawkeye Kate Bishop #1 (of 5) is on my pick to read. Maybe it surprises us with some spec worthy material but we’ll have to wait and see.

Hawkeye Kate Bishop #1 (of 5)

Star Wars Darth Vader #18 is a great cover and it’s already a pickup no matter.

There’s also a pretty cool variant B: Star Wars Darth Vader #18 (Lashley Variant)

Star Wars Darth Vader #18 Wobh

DC Picks

Justice League Incarnate #1 has a pretty cool Jorge Fornes Variant.

DC has a lot of Annuals this week. Sometimes these hold surprises. Probably a good idea to check some of these out.

Indie and Small Publisher Picks

A must pick up for me is Star Wars High Republic Adventures #11 (Cover A - Tolibao).

Star Wars High Republic Adventures #11 (Cover A - Tolibao)

King of Spies #1 (of 4) is a decent read. Your typical Mark Millar spy story. Nothing ground breaking but I enjoyed the first read.

King of Spies #1 (of 4) (Cover A - Scalera)

Animal Castle #1 has been on my check list since Previews.

the 1:30 of animal castle seems to be pretty scarce

FWIW, no spec here, but I really enjoyed the Nightwing annual.

Joker annual was just okay, but I’m a sucker for Gordon and Joker I enjoyed the okay read.

Still working in Batman, Tec, Robin, and Omega.

1 Like

The A cover for Justice League Incarnate #1 has the arm/hand of the new character (Dr Multiverse) on it. The 1:25 shows her in full. Thought it would be nice to start a debate on first cameo and first full cover ; )

I like how you said the new Mark Millar comic was a decent read. Not great, not bad, just decent. That describes the majority of his so-so output with the occasional standout title or absolute stinker.

I think venom 2 is sold out PRH.

Yeah, nothing Mark Millar does anymore is ground breaking. It’s almost like two kids the same weight on the teeter totter at recess… it really doesn’t tip one way or the other of being great or terrible. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yup. Last book I picked up was MPH and it wasn’t all that great cuz I only have issue 1 and 2 lol