Poyo's Spec & Picks for Nov 10th, 2021

Welcome to this weeks spec. This is where we pick the winners each week we (or shall I say myself) think will be spec worthy, a great read or just cool looking art on the cover.

Marvel Picks

Alien #8 is just a great cover. Been loving these Alien regular covers.

Alien #8

Amazing Spider-Man #78 is another book I like the cover.

Amazing Spider-Man #78

Miles Morales Spider-Man #32 (Anka Variant) is pretty cool using the negative space in a sense but I’m still not onboard with this new outfit for Miles. Just dumb looking and makes absolutely no sense whatsoever except the fact they’re likely targeting the newer generation or something.

Miles Morales Spider-Man #32 (Anka Variant)

A must pickup is Star Wars High Republic #11. Even if you don’t like, read or buy Star Wars but flip comics you should be buying these.

Star Wars High Republic #11 (Momoko Variant)

Star Wars High Republic #11

Venom #1 kicks off the next volume of Venom after Cates run. Will it have the same buzz? Guess we’ll have to wait, read and see…

Venom #1 (Black Blank Variant)
Venom #1 (Inhuyk Lee Variant)
Venom #1 (Dellotto Variant) - The best cover I think for the regulars, the Inhyuk Lee is a close second.
Venom #1 (Bachalo Variant)
Venom #1 (Romita Jr. Variant)
Venom #1 (Nauck Headshot Variant) - The best headshot Nauck has done in my opinion thus far (minus the tongue).
Venom #1 (Momoko Variant) - Art is subjective and this would be ideal for some gallery piece but for a comic, makes zero damn sense…
Venom #1 (David Yardin TFAW Exclusive Variant) CBCS 9.8 Blue Label

Venom #1

A recommended read if you’ve never read it goes to Death Captain Marvel Gallery Edition HC. This one is the gallery edition.

Death Captain Marvel Gallery Edition HC

For all you Boba Fett fans… Star Wars Legends Boba Fett TPB Blood Ties.

DC Picks

Batman The Imposter #2 has a pretty cool Sorrentino cover. Already sold out at TFAW. I have yet to receive my first copy I pre-ordered but looking forward to this Batman title as a good read.

I love Stokoe so of course Joker #9 Stokoe Variant makes my list this week.

Indie and Small Publishers Picks

Loved the first issue of this new Remender title so I’m all in with Righteous Thirst for Vengeance #2. There’s also a second printing out for issue #1 this week as well.

Righteous Thirst for Vengeance #2

What’s The Furthest Place From Here #1 is finally out and it’s limited to just 1 at Midtown. TFAW is out of stock except for the Whats the Furthest Place From Here #1 (Cover E - 25 Copy Variant) and Whats the Furthest Place From Here #1 (Cover F - 50 Copy Variant) ratio variants. If you think you were gonna get the 1st printing Vinyl edition, well, good luck cause nobody is gonna get that at the intended retailer cover price as we all know, Image screwed the pooch and didn’t take in actual pre-orders to put in their orders for vinyl records and these were severely allocated. So we can expect most shops canceling orders and jacking up the prices on these for sure… So go ahead and put in your pre-order for the 2nd printing: Whats the Furthest Place From Here #1 (2nd Ptg Deluxe Ed with Vinyl).

It’s a great read though and I highly recommend it.

Never Never #1 2nd printing has a pretty cool WW style Bombshell cover.

Out #2 is another title I’ve been looking forward to. Still have not read but have heard good things so far.

Love a good JFK related conspiracy theory so Regarding Matter of Oswalds Body #1 (of 5) (Cover A - Luca) is a must pickup for me.

LCSD 2021 Regarding Matter of Oswalds Body #1 (of 5) (Sook Card Stock Variant)
Regarding Matter of Oswalds Body #1 (of 5) (Cover C - FOC Reveal Variant)

Regarding Matter of Oswalds Body #1 (of 5) (Cover A - Luca)

did anyone even get the 1st print record, midtown never even listed them

From what I heard on the local radio, there is a huge shortage on Vinyl records. They where saying that they artist Adele (hope that’s how you spell her name). She put in an order for 30 million of them and I guess she took forever to figure out the track order and once she was ready, it was to late and couldn’t put more orders in. From what they said, her record is sold out.

So if 30 million records are sold out, I dought we will even get to see any of them for WTFPFH.

I’d imagine that was 30 million total for CD’s and all media… I just can’t see someone selling 30 million actual vinyl records.

You might be right…

I may be crazy…

2 Likes

Pretty sure vinyl outsells CDs now. No one really buys cds anymore.

Digital music I’d imagine is now the top seller nowadays and will always be top revenue moving forward when it comes to music.

According to • Physical album shipments in the U.S. 2020 | Statista, CD sales barely topped vinyl sales in 2020 with 31 million roughly. Vinyl were around 27 million for 2020.

Vinyl sales are increasing but a quick lookup shows the top selling vinyl artist of 2020 was:

Harry Styles, Fine Line (232,000)

So an artist doing over a million vinyl sales for an album is not even close yet.

It was a 500,000 order that was processed.
Loudersound - Adele Vinyl

1 Like