Prey (Predator Movie)

Sorry. Couldn’t resist. Loved the gun though. It was such an odd thing in the Predator II ending and glad they explained it. Still need to find out how the predator got it.

1 Like

There is a Dark Horse comic from '97 that told the tale of Raphael Andolini. The Prey movie seemingly retcons that particular comic story. But, the Predator movies have never given any thought to the lore told amongst the comics, which Im fine with.

Doesn’t the Predators biomask, in Prey, kinda look like it could be part of an Alien skull? If the 1715 pistol is in Prey, then that would imply that Predator 2 is canon in the Prey Universe. There is an Alien skull in the trophy case on the Predator ship at the end of Predator 2. :thinking:

It totally puts Predator II in cannon. Not sure if they ever made any of the movies not a part of it though.

Just watched it. Wow. Loved it. The nostalgia of the first movie makes it hard to beat. And I actually really like part 2. But this might have been better than all of them. Simple and smart with perfect pacing.

3 Likes

Ok, it was awesome. You were right, no need for refreshing.

2 Likes

I believe the AVP films aren’t canon to the main Predator movies.

I can see that. They went off the rails with them, but they were fun.

Just finished watching it, loved it. I loved the first Predator with Schwarzeneggar, this reminds me of the first film.

I have seen the second film a long time ago but I have no memory of it.

2 Likes

Loved it! Great acting by all, especially the brother and sister.

My favorite scene: Ant, rat, snake, Predator. The visuals on this were striking IMO

3 Likes

I pointed that one out to my son

1 Like

So Billy in the 1st Predator was Sioux…

Would have been better if this tribe was Sioux instead of Comanche, because AGAIN… IN THE BOOK… LOL

Well it talks briefly how Billy’s Sioux ancestors fought a Yautja

This movie reminds me why I stopped watching movies.

I FINALLY sat down and watched this flick, and I loved it!

Potential unpopular opinion, but is it is just me or is the Predator kind of a coward? He fights a wolf and bear totally cloaked which highly disadvantages the animals. How “superior” can he feel when he literally is giving his prey an enemy that they can’t see? It felt doubly cowardly when Taabe was totally kicking the Predator’s butt and then he goes and cloaks. Again, Predator already has the increased size, strength, and advanced weaponry. If he can’t defeat a human can he really call himself superior?

I’m hoping for some more period-piece Predator flicks or maybe something taking place on their home planet.

1 Like

It was an awesome movie. What I am thinking is it happened years ago. The Yautja may not have developed the code that they have in the later films. He was certainly more savage than others we have seen.

1 Like

Def a savage. I read that the Yajautja have a 1,000 yr life span, but also different tribes within their culture so perhaps this Feral Predator has a different code he goes by.

I didn’t think about the tribal aspect, I was thinking more evolutionary. His tech was different and he certainly looked different.