Prey (Predator Movie)

Prey is on Hulu starting today. It is the newest installment in the Predator Franchise. Totally Kicks ass and is so worth watching.

Been looking forward to it for a while and hope they make some comics spin offs.

By the way, totally ties into the end of Predator II

5 Likes

Just finished tonight. In this age of more more more more special effects to ā€œmake a good movieā€, it was so refreshing to watch a movie that simply concentrated on the story. Whatta concept

4 Likes

I literally just came on here to post about this movie.

As a fan of the franchise since Dutch first locked hands with Dillon, I am so happy that this film was made.
Loved the intimate story, and the character development of Naru. Im hoping to see more period pieces like this film, in the Predator franchise.
I love Predator, am a big fan of Predator 2, I enjoy Predators, and will not speak of the The Predator.
Imo, this film is the 3rd best Predator film, behind #1, and closely behind #2 (perhaps in time, with a few more viewings, it will be on par with #2). Thoroughly pleased with the film. However, I felt something was off with the Predators mandibles. They were to large, vertically, on his face, imo. But, not an overly poor design choice.
Im also happy that Naru had to deal with, and overcome a lot of adversity. I liked her character arc, and character growth, which is very lacking in a lot of films today.

4 Likes

The Comanche Girl character was amazing. Loved it. Gonna watch Predators again tonight probably.

I donā€™t think there was any cussing and there was no nudity. My 12 year old son watched it with me.

5 Likes

I have not seen the movie. I was hoping to have had the Native speak in Native tongue with English Subtitlesā€¦ :slight_smile: That would have done it for me. :slight_smile: Oh well. Life goes on.

I think those French traders were cussing en franƧais, lol.

1 Like

Parts are parts arenā€™t. Itā€™s interchangeable in the movie

They could have been cussing in Comanche too but my son doesnā€™t speak either thankfully

2 Likes

Apparently each scene was filmed twice. Once in English, and once in Comanche. I think there is an option to watch it fully in the Comanche language.

2 Likes

I thought they just dubbed it in Comanche with actors reprising dialogueā€¦they really shot it twice?

1 Like

I actually planned on watching this tonight.

1 Like

Was surprised how good it is. Hopefully a sequel will be made.

2 Likes

Upon further inspection (these are loafers) you are correct, it was dubbed in Comanche. Bottom line; you can watch it in the Comanche language. :beers:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s how Predator movies should be made.

3 Likes

I thought the Predatorā€™s face was off a bit as well, but then I got to thinking about how much earlier this film is and chalked it up to evolution/breeding.

3 Likes

I havenā€™t seen a Predator movie in a loooooooooooooooong time. Do we need to refresh?

The Prey movie can be viewed as a stand alone movie. Other than 1 line of dialogue, ā€˜if it bleeds, we can kill itā€™, and 1 pistol from 1715, there are no connections to the other films.

2 Likes

The director has stated that the Yautja in Prey is from a different hemisphere on Yautja Prime (Predators home planet), which he said is the reason for the design change. The Yautja in Prey is being titled as the ā€˜Feral Predatorā€™.

@monopolyjackson ā€¦The story of the movie is told by the cave drawings seen in the background as the end credits roleā€¦ except the cave drawings go a scene or two past the ending of the movie that we saw on screen. The last cave drawings show multiple Predator scout ships arriving on Earth after Naru is named Warrior Chieftain. Its definitely set up for a sequel. Whether thatā€™s the sequel we want to see is another question all on its own. :beers:

2 Likes

Umā€¦. The predator kinda connects it.

3 Likes

Yes, the titular creature also connects them. :joy:

1 Like