Proctor Valley Road #1

I’m going to need to see you straight for a year again.

Are we saying shops are watching our discussions and designing variants to fit speculator tastes?

But but… being straight is not as much fun. :frowning:

I saw this in the previews last week and was seemed meh to me. I could be wrong. I was more interested in Orphan and Five Beasts. I am a “Five Deadly Venoms” fan.

Orphan And Five Beasts 1

Published by DARK HORSE COMICS

(W/A/CA) James Stokoe A brand-new kung-fu epic from James Stokoe, the creator behind Orc Stain and Aliens: Dead Orbit! Spurred on by her master’s dying words, the adopted warrior ‘Orphan Mo’ seeks to find and kill five former disciples who now threaten the land with corruption from their demonic powers. Part Five Deadly Venoms and part surreal grindhouse, James Stokoe brings his knack for ultra-detailed fantasy imagery and over-the-top violence to this classic tale of revenge. ‘His artwork is astonishingly detailed, with an infectious, monstrous energy and dynamism that needs to be experienced by every fan of comic books.’-SyFy Wire

2 Likes

I think it is interesting that an article on the publisher website (Boom!) would be showing an apparent store (Sad Lemon) variant. Is that common? Is it NOT a store variant, but Sad Lemon is advertising as such? Not saying anything is wrong, just seemed odd.

I believe the Sad Lemon Momoko is a sketch variant of the one shown on BOOM! story.

Yes

1 Like

It has become common practice for shady lazy retailers to use art work from incentives , change it slightly, then use it as a “store exclusive”. Originally i was steaming mad that Boom allowed this, as i felt it took away value of the incentive, but no ine seemed to care so i gave up complaining about it.

1 Like

Thanks - that would make me not interested in the store variant. I wouldn’t mind the Momoko version, but not if it is a knock-off.

Thanks for the additional info. Agree that it does sound lazy.

Lazy yes, but maximizing revenue and profit = yes.

Oh for sure. Easy $$.