Quick Spec: Amazing Spider-Man #53LR #54 Beware Miles Morales Spoilers

They want your cash… I bet they burned through a lot of cash trying to become a distributor for DC…

I imagine rent for retail space in NYC also isn’t cheap and they were hit pretty hard with the lack of tourists, the NY shutdowns, etc.

Yup. That’s true as well. I like visiting NY but I’d never live there… no way.

Yeah lost of businesses in the city suffering.

Up on midtown…$13.50. No limits!

2 Likes

Aaahh the homie @D-Rog in the clutch… was 2min from Ebay purchase. No flips this for the PC glad I saved a few bucks.

1 Like

Now I jus need the cover with Tinkerer on it…

Probably can get it for the same price the week before release, again from midtown.

Most places I’ve seen are $19.99 plus shipping.

Yeah I was thinking the same… idk why this weeks variant was $27

She’s on the cover of 53.LR 1:10, and then again on 54 1:10.

Yes. 53LR is a cameo cover (only a head) while 54 is first full (entire body).

:grin:

:grin: if you look closely, it’s actually multiple cameos all over the cover.

It’s a cameo of a cameo. 1st ever.

Not a first full cover cameo?

Cameos of cameos? Full cover cameos? My head hurts!

1 Like

If or when cameo covers and first full covers start getting seriously talked about, an intervention is required.

Well technically ASM #315 is Venoms first cover not counting symbiote Spider-Man… but everyone loves #316 and calls it Venoms first cover.

ASM is also a “cameo” cover as its only a small headshot.

If I keep using the phrase “cameo cover” it’s bound to stick in people’s heads and catch on…

As a follow up to this topic, I plan on grabbing ASM 54 1:10 cover to go with the 53.LR 1:10 cover. I know that Tinkerer isn’t a new character, but this iteration of the character is. Do you think it is a wise decision to hold these books in hopes that she appears in comics going forward? If she does appear in books going forward, will those take precedence over these covers?

I really enjoyed the game and even though the story felt a bit predictable (I called who the Tinkerer was early on, well before the reveal) it felt like it had more heart than its predecessor. Half of me wants to keep the covers for that reason, the other half wants to keep them as a small investment or potentially a quick flip (to buy more comics!)

1 Like

I got 4 copies of 53.lr 1:10 at $10 each and that’s as far as my spec on the character will go for now. I agree with you that this iteration may take off, but if I does, 53.lr is the first cover and that works for me. 54 1:10 is a cool cover too but I’d only get it for cover. 53:lr 1:10 and whichever future book she appears in-story in would be the two I’d pair.

1 Like