Quick Specs: Defenders #143 1st Runner

The Runner is one of my picks as to who the light could be we saw in Wrath spoilers. He’s as old as Knull, his power level is very high, he’s not necessarily a good guy or a villain The Runner’s real name Gilpetperdon and he is an Elder like Grandmaster.
Like all the Elders of the Universe, Gilpetperdon’s origin is lost in the early history of the universe. It is known that he is one of the oldest living beings in the universe. Like other Elders, he is the survivor of one of the intelligent races that evolved in one of the first galaxies to form after the “Big Bang”, the cataclysmic event in which the universe was created. Although his race became extinct and even his native galaxy died as the ages passed, Gilpetperdon, like the other Elders, lived on, having become virtually immortal. As the relatively few survivors of the earliest period of the universe, the Elders regarded themselves as figuratively being brothers. He’s had some epic battles with Surfer, Galactus, and Thanos so he has the power and pedigree to be able to fight Knull. Just a mindless spec, his 1st appearance Defenders #143 can be found in dollar bins or a couple bucks online.

1 Like

The Runner is capable of flying at speeds many times the Speed of Light, which is roughly 186,000 miles per second. He is arguably the fastest being in the Marvel Universe. He uses his speed to generate light as a weapon. He has also been in control of a few different infinity stones throughout his history.

This video at the 3:36 mark talks about the runners abilities one of them being able to change the emotions of his foes to happiness. When we see the continuation of Thor God of Thunder #6 in Venom #4 Knull dies with a smile on his face.

If you call that a smile, sure. It’s all teeth to me.

You know that image of the two Gods impaling each other in death from TGOT #6 has always reminded me of the final battle scene in Excalibur…where Mordred in his golden armor spears King Arthur who in turns impales Mordred with Excalibur.

Man, I love that movie. King Arthur and his Knights riding through the Cherry Blossoms to “O’ Fortuna”…cinema at its best.

How’s that for off topic.

2 Likes