R.I.P. Neal Adams

NOOOOOO !!!

:cry: :sob: :sob: :sob:

6 Likes

He and I had a discussion regarding Sasquatch/Bigfoot that lasted more then 15 minutes.

(My original post on FB is below)
While I never got a photo with Neal Adams, I did have several interesting lengthy conversations with the man in person and on Twitter regarding “Bigfoot/Sasquatch” ! I am sure he found it refreshing to have a conversation with someone at a Comic book Convention or Comic Book Store on something that was NON-Comic book related. Until next time my friend. #NealAdams #Bigfoot

4 Likes

Not a good news day… :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Oh this sucks. He’d been fighting sepsis and its aftermath for a year, and sounded like he’d finally turned a corner. Terrible! RIP.

2 Likes

Oh No…R.I.P…what a legend.

2 Likes

R.I.P.

3 Likes

He was the first artist I started following during his heyday doing Batman. A sad day for sure.

2 Likes

Not that everything he has done isn’t amazing…but my absolute favorites are all of the different House of Secrets/horror type covers he did. I especially love his take on horror covers that involve kiddos getting the heck scared out of them and such. Just so darned iconic.

2 Likes

Such sad news. I can’t see him being left out of too many top ten most influential artist lists. For me, he was a definite top three.

2 Likes

Oh no!

My only signed & slabbed comics that I personally witnessed were by Neil Adams and Denny O’Neil. Same books, same day.

5 Likes

One of, if not my all time favorite from him.

4 Likes

Saw him at two different cons. He was always very energetic and engaging.

3 Likes

I thought this would bump up the “New Year 2022!” thread :confused: But definitely sad news the comic community didn’t expect today.

RIP Neal Adams

3 Likes

Met him a few years ago…friendly.

2 Likes

the man does deserve his own thread of respect and condolences here.

5 Likes

Kind of off-topic, but Muhammad Ali grabbed my brother-in-law from my father-in-law, while my BIL was a baby and gave him a kiss on the forehead. He turned to my FIL and said “this is a beautiful child, sir!” This occurred in the Salt Lake International Airport. Strange but true fact.

3 Likes

Here was the tweet that started it all with him and I… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

RIP Neal Adams

Had met Mr. Adams and his wife one time both very friendly.

He loved to talk to all of his fans on all different subjects.

An amazing legend in the industry.

3 Likes