Runaway 34, 35 & 36

Anyone here currently reading the Runaways?

35 had a new character and I kind of read something online here or there that it was a great issue to read and 36 would tie it up. Picked up 34 and 35 so we will see. Just seeing if anyone can catch me up to speed.

1 Like

Who was the new character 1st app?

Thanks Cruzzer.

This character is on the last page of 35 and cover of 36. This is the preview for 36
‘Come Away With Me’ Part 5!

THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN TELL YOU ABOUT THIS ISSUE THAT WOULDN’T SPOIL WHAT IS POSSIBLY THE BEST COMIC OF 2021! WE CAN’T EVEN SHOW YOU THE COVER!

1 Like

Runaways way back when is one of my favorite runs of all time but this recent run I haven’t been crazy about. In the original run the character Gertrude gets killed but later on her boyfriend chase runs into someone who looks exactly like Gert but ended up being a cliffhanger that went unresolved for years since the runaways title ended, I’m guessing this is them finally resolving that

1 Like

Thicc

The current, “Runaways,” comic is awesome.

Reminds me of Faith from Valiant
 I wonder if that is the spin they will take with her
 hmm

1 Like

Yes, that’s[ right she does. Faith was getting a lot of headlines for a while. Seems to have quietened down as with most things Valiant.
I have ordered a couple of copies of 36, as I am definitely intrigued. (The print run must be tiny, as I had no ideas there was an ongoing Runaways title. Let alone one that had reached issue 35!)

1 Like

Valiant has so much potential too
 I don’t get it. As a X-O Manowar fan, they could do so much more with him and some of their other characters but don’t it seems. I long for a dark very high techie X-O movie that could easily be a trilogy or similar that eventually introduces some of their other characters like Ninjak and Harbinger, etc. I know we got a Bloodshot movie (which I have yet to see, I just can’t stand Vin Diesel 99% of the time)
 the last Valiant book to really create some heat besides Faith was Divinity, which would also make a great show or movie.

2 Likes

It’s a real shame. Like you say, the potential is amazing, and they had some amazing talent working on their books. It would be nice if one of the big companies took it on and did something with it. Comics, Movies, TV , there are some great, ready made characters and story lines waiting.

1 Like

I was only able to grab 3 copies of Runaways 36 as my LCS didn’t order many. I have yet to read but I want to see what’s going on. Print run must have been low low low. I’m trying to find someone who is actually reading “Runaways”

adult Gert and younger gert meet

1 Like

Man, that art is terrible

So no new character

1 Like

Dont know why they think this comes as a surprise. Nothing was solicited for September or October.

Runaways was one of my favorite series when BKV was writing it and I started reading this run but ended up dropping it cause it felt like the story was just dragging and meandering. I thought the show was terribly dreadful. These kids just can’t catch a break

This recent series was awesome. Bummed it is ending.