Sales discussion

Well, bravo on her making the move. Congrats on the sale. And who knows, that sale could be “heating up”

In person appearance scheduled for Sunday at 1PM.

On the Thundercats front we’re already $75 in sales in the rear view, mostly ratio’s and foils so far. $235 buy in plus whatever they announce the shipping charge to be Wednesday. There was actually more people in the building today buying than the entire week last week combined. New family stopped by with 2 teen boys that seem to like Spider-man and Demon Days to begin with. He got his first comic box today as well with the Rising storm one they did a while back being his pick out of maybe 50 or different ones in stock. 2 more Ultimate X left with a regular who’s a fan of Peach Momoko’s work previously. Feels like the start of a good week.

2 Likes

With E-Bay Managed Payments you forget how much is actually coming in sometimes since you’re just printing shipping labels with pending funds and not chasing dollars on individual orders. I suspect most of that was Sunday night finally arriving at my bank tomorrow. It does make the bookkeeping really simple though. Customers pay E-Bay, sales tax is handled by E-Bay, shipping labels taken out of pending funds and what’s left is what you actually made after E-bays fee’s are removed. Just add up 20 deposits at the end of the month to know your sales. No fiddling with shipping label receipts and such.

2 Likes

I still do it the old way, I pay for my labels in advance through PayPal, at the end of the year I add them all up and use them as an expense. Money comes in and I shift 33% over to my tax savings account to hold until tax time.

1 Like

So…. Not a sale, but an almost sale. Am I crazy for turning down over $10k for my “Deadstock” Air Jordan 1 Chicago pair?? I almost accepted it, but I feel like better offers are out there especially since the offer came in within 12 hours of listing.

1 Like

Will have to wait and see, hard to turn down $10 K though.

I still do that with sales from the other sources but the stack of label receipts to add up is much much shorter now. There’s no need for writing them off as an expense if they’re already taken out of the funding up front and it also lowers your total sales $$ amount you have to claim for business licenses and such. I’ve got to buy two for the year right now that are based on total sales so I’m saving by not having E-Bay’s shipping labels in the mix.

I am not sure it is taken off. In fact, the 1099 they send includes all money sale, shipping, and I believe sales tax too

1 Like

I agree… I’ll either kick myself or be vindicated.

I don’t use their 1099’s for filling out any forms. Accountant gave me a simple form to fill out. Every penny they actually send shows up on the bank statements. There’s no way a 1099 is going to show them sending more money than actually shows up ending up at the bank. For instance, we don’t collect or report the sales tax E-Bay charges. We report the sales tax we collect ourselves which all comes from IN State Sales so E-bay gets added into the Out of State column. In State we report to the State and Pay sales tax on each month since the 90’s. Adding E-Bay’s numbers would simply result in double taxation when the State tries to charge for tax E-Bay is already reporting separately.

I like simple and easy. Receipts for everything.

I run reports that takes into account all my actual shipping expenses, all fees, and taxes collected by eBay that is added into our total. I figure since eBay is sending a 1099 to the IRS I want to account for all the income and then take the expenses.

1 Like

10k would buy a nice silver age key…

1 Like

Thanks to PRH’s rapid free shipping, I got in that $45 Spider-man Deadpool trade I ordered Sunday night in less than 48 hours yesterday so mom had an excuse to slip over after closing yesterday. She grabbed a Thundercats #2 Calica cover as well. That was a pretty nice sale and the tip was even better.

3 Likes

After a week of only one book selling, I had three orders so far today. Sold a Transformers Annual, a SIKTC Black Cape Variant, and an Iron Man Hip Hop variant. All sourced really cheap so happy to get them out the door.

5 Likes

I don’t see the transformers annual. I didn’t even know one existed, unless you’re referring to the UK annuals.

Two 2017 and 2021
Transformers (2017 IDW) Annual comic books (mycomicshop.com)

Ah, idw. Didn’t realize they did annuals. I didn’t follow the idw series…

Irritating day. The E-Bay ap that shares comic listings from my web site to E-Bay has been frozen since I slipped out of bed before 2AM to load Marvel, Image, Idw and Dark Horse. DC comics went live yesterday but I doubt I’m the only person using the link software so E-bay stock should be lower than normal. No clue how long it’ll be down or how long before I give up and try to recreate all the listings directly. At least DC for this week is selling. Walk ins grabbing some Marvel as well. Marvel facsimiles and one of the DC guys actually grabbed a WOS1 out of the box. FedX dropped off DC/Image for next week safely and PRH got the new Step Into reading Level 1 Hulk and Spider-man books here safely today as well.

Update: 1/3rd of the listings finally went active. the rest are now trapped in “scheduled” so it could be any second or hours still or more. Some others from the lunar shipment this morning and some back issues while we were waiting are now trapped in the beginning of synching and not moving, 0% complete.

1 Like

By any chance, are you using Inkfrog?