SDCC 2024 Exclusives

From what I can tell, they’re not exclusive to SDCC…so maybe these will show up at NYCC or other conventions upper deck is attending.

If anyone has time to ask them at their booth, please report back. They don’t seem to be answering the question on their Facebook post.

This is what I found on the SDCC blog

3 Likes

I can help ya out. Im gonna start a SDCC exclusive request thread and spreadsheet over the weekend

3 Likes

1 Like

The HELLBOY SEED OF DESTRUCTION #1 30th Anniversary Convention Exclusive Variant is limited to 1500 copies for $25 and is limited to 5 copies a person a day. The Goon, Hellboy, and Usagi Yojimbo Anniversary Print is $50 and limited to 300 copies in printing. Finally, the Hellboy 30th Anniversary Pinfinity Set and the Hellboy Letterpress Set are priced at $40.

• TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Dia de los Muertos lithograph by J. Gonzo
  • TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES (2024) #1 foil variant with art by Joëlle Jones
  • TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: 40TH ANNIVERSARY COMICS CELEBRATION variant with art by Ben Bishop
  • TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: BLACK, WHITE, AND GREEN #1 foil variant with art by Declan Shalvey
  • TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: ALPHA with art by Gavin Smith

Also available for purchase only at the IDW booth during SDCC will be…

• BENEATH THE TREES WHERE NOBODY SEES: PRÄLUDIUM prequel ashcan (only 1,000 copies)
  • GODZILLA: 70TH ANNIVERSARY lenticular cover with art by Matt Frank
  • GODZILLA: MECHAGODZILLA 50TH ANNIVERSARY with art by Edison Neo
  • GODZILLA: SKATE OR DIE #1 with art by Oliver Ono
  • GODZILLA: HERE THE BE DRAGONS II – SONS OF GIANTS #1 foil variant with art by Jacob Edgar
  • SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #70 with art by Gigi Dutreix
  • STAR TREK: CELEBRATIONS with art by Paulina Ganucheau
  • STAR TREK ANNUAL 2024 with art by Liana Kangas
  • LOCKE & KEY head key

There will also be FREE promotional items for fans at the booth while supplies last. These will include…

• THE EXORCISM AT 1600 PENN #1 ashcan
  • MONSTER HIGH SCAREMESTER ashcan
  • TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES #1 poster
  • TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES pins (one per customer per day)
  • MARCH 10th anniversary poster
  • MONSTER HIGH and TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 2024 Free Comic Book Day issues

wow… lame for a JSC issue. He usually has a new art page for SDCC. this Marvel shit is getting low effort. Even the panel comics suck. They’re just B&W covers

2 Likes

There is no better businessman in this hobby than JSC.

To be able to create so little of anything new; and/or re-hash artwork, and yet have customers throw their money at you no matter what you charge or put out is just astounding.

3 Likes

1 Like

Soooooooooooooooo many store variants masquerading as “SDCC exclusives”…

2 Likes

Yep yep yep. They bastardize the word "exclusive " for years now.

And sadly, many are duped for these store vaiants that they happen to release during sdcc and then call them exclusives.

There are so many SOBs out there trying to take your money by doing something short of flat out lying

2 Likes

That’s why i never buy store exclusives ever.

2 Likes

I did one for Baltimore Comic Con years ago. The rules at the time were you couldn’t release early and you had to submit for approval to get t use the BCC logo. I followed those rules, I did allow people to pre-order copies.

This one has me confused:

WE HAVE OUR 3RD & FINAL SDCC 2024 MEXICAN FOIL VARIANT FOR YOU TOMORROW & IT’S ANOTHER BIG ONE, INVINCIBLE #1!!

VERY LIMITED SUPPLY OF THESE AVAILABLE - AFTER THE LAST 2 SELL OUTS MAKE SURE TO SET YOUR ALARM FOR THIS!

INVINCIBLE #1 SDCC 2024 FOIL VARIANT LIMITED TO 1000 COPIES

2 Likes

There are quite a bit of Mexican language foils, produced & sold in Mexico, that “retailers” are trying to label as “SDCC variant” and sell there.

Spawn #1, Venom #1, etc reprints.

And oh look…

Witchblade #1 Campbell foil & sketch

1 Like

Another digitally re-hashed cover image and/or cover type from JSC?

Impossible!
He would never authorize such a thing :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

But it is “specially priced” at $45.

2 Likes

If they are doing a special variant for a specific country, leave it there. It makes it more desirable. I’m looking at you Star War Panini Variant…

Is that a mini comic?

I would say it looks like a normal size comic. If you’re going to SDCC, this is something you definitely need to get.