September Previews 2021 - DC Spotlight Books

Previews gives us a glimpse of what’s to come. Here’s the spotlight new books (and some trade/hardcovers/omnibuses) coming out of September Previews (or whatever they call it now) for DC Comics…

Not sure about Jock writing but could be a surprise. Definitely picking up for the art for sure… since it’s also by Jock and Jock does Batman well.

Batman One Dark Knight #1 (of 3) (Cover A - Jock)

There’s also a Batman One Dark Knight #1 (of 3) (Cover B - Cliff Chiang Variant).

Batman One Dark Knight #1 (of 3) (Cover A - Jock)

I really dig Hotz artwork. So this one for DC Horror Presents Soul Plumber #3 (of 6) (Cover B - Kyle Hotz Card Stock Variant) has my attention.

Tedesco does great covers as well. This one is on my radar for Wonder Girl #7 (Cover B - Julian Totino Tedesco Card Stock Variant).

Batman 2021 Annual #1 (Cover B - Kamome Shirahama Card Stock Variant) is pretty awesome as well. I’ve been enjoying Shirahama’s work on DC covers but doesn’t seem to be pumping them out as often as some of the other artists. We need more Shirahama I think.

Batman 2021 Annual #1 (Cover B - Kamome Shirahama Card Stock Variant)

Tom King does great at mini-series. Human Target #2 (of 12) continues the new series I’m hoping does end up as an entertaining read.

Human Target #2 (of 12) (Cover A - Greg Smallwood)

Not really sure why they do Annual’s on books with just a few issues in but I’m still picking this one up cause I’ve been picking up the regular issues to read this new Tom Taylor title. So Superman Son of Kal-El 2021 Annual #1 (Cover A - John Timms) is on the pickup list for me.

Superman Son of Kal-El 2021 Annual #1 (Cover B - Steve Pugh Card Stock Variant)

Superman Son of Kal-El 2021 Annual #1 (Cover A - John Timms)

I’m looking forward to Tom Taylor’s new title Dark Knights of Steel #1 (of 12) (Cover A - Yasmine Putri) which has a pretty awesome Putri cover but you can’t beat a good Middleton Killer B variant for this title as well. Dark Knights of Steel #2 (of 12) (Cover B - Joshua Middleton Card Stock Variant) is a book I’ll probably pickup just for the Middleton collection.

Like the first issue, this one has my attention for the title alone… Refrigerator Full of Heads #2 (of 6) (Cover A - Sam Wolfe Connelly). Hopefully the first issue makes me pre-ordering this second issue ahead of time worthy.

Refrigerator Full of Heads #2 (of 6) (Cover B - Tiffany Turrill Card Stock Variant)

Refrigerator Full of Heads #2 (of 6) (Cover A - Sam Wolfe Connelly)

I like Lemire’s art and I like his cover more than Nguyen’s. Robin & Batman #1 (of 3) (Cover B - Jeff Lemire Variant).

Robin & Batman #1 (of 3) (Cover B - Jeff Lemire Variant)

Batman 89 #4 (of 6) (Cover A - Joe Quinones) has the new Robin on the cover. Could be a worthy pick up.

I really like two of the covers for Gotham City Villains Anniversary Giant #1.

Gotham City Villains Anniversary Giant #1 (Cover B - Wes Craig Scarecrow Card Stock Variant) and Gotham City Villains Anniversary Giant #1 (Cover F - Dan Mora Hatter Moth Red Hood Card Stock Variant).

Gotham City Villains Anniversary Giant #1 (Cover F - Dan Mora Hatter Moth Red Hood Card Stock Variant)

1 Like