Shipping Slabs

1 Like

I never ever use those paper thin priority shipping boxes for anything besides maybe multiple pieces on a sandwich. I just find a oversized sturdy box to use. I usually will sandwich the graded book between sturdy oversized cardboard. I wrap it up nicely with bubble wrap and either use more bubble wrap or packing peanuts on all sides of the box. Grocery & liquor stores usually have a ton of free cardboard available.

Yeah mycomicshop had great shippers for graded books they ship. Though I generally put that in another box unless it’s a return in which I don’t care as much. Actually the supplies they use for shipping out regular books are nice and easily reusable. The bag they use to wrap your raw books are the perfect size for graded books if you have any without bags.

1 Like

You’ve got to do the double box method if you’re using the USPS boxes or have some bullet proof padding or structure to keep the box from getting crushed.

I’ve spoken to others who use this system, and it is highly recommended.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Is there a link to these?

https://www.slabshipper.com

1 Like

no place to buy them tho, guess you have to do it through email

I’ve had people use both those thin & flimsy priority shippers together and they show up all tore up on a regular basis. I’ve had damage several times even with decent cushioning inside. Just a personal choice based on my experiences. I’d rather use thicker cardboard.

I do the pool noodle, been doing it for years, get them at the dollar store.
I put them in a USPS Box.
I charge $18 on my shipping when selling via ebay which I also include signature confirmation so I don’t get jipped that the individual didn’t get it.

2 Likes

My post was flagged. Not sure why. I didn’t insult anyone. I didn’t see nothing offensive.

Probably for the term you used for ‘swindled’ would be my guess for why it was flagged.

1 Like

Look up the origin of the word gypped/jipped. It’s insulting to people of Roma ancestry.

1 Like

We should just stop talking altogether, everything is gonna be canceled one day
 even Eenie Meenie Miney Mo has history of being racist
 better stop teaching kids to say that when picking something

Maybe stop saying “Long time, no see” since its origins were to mock people who didn’t speak native English

The list goes on and on

Alright, back on topic. If you find something offensive, perhaps just educate people on why first before just flagging. Allow them to go back and edit their comment. Perhaps send them a PM, etc. We don’t need to drag out these types of moderation into the public for everyone.

Thanks.

5 Likes