Short Boxes

Anyone experiencing a serious shortage on short boxes? None of the LCS’s in my area can get them in and BCW keeps changing their backorder date. Getting really hard to store new comics! longboxes are in relative short supply but those are death on the back.
Had to order short boxes from East Coast Comic Supply. BTW, that company makes some great mylar-like comic bags that I have permanently switched to.

Amazon usually has 10packs for $45 or so

Bags and boards have been an issue here tbh and large LCS here.

The stores here have the decorative shortboxes, but are out of the regular kind. Interesting.

Great just what I need. First the ammo shortage now a shortage of comic supplies. I know the last time I went to my main shop they didn’t have any long or short boxes.

ShortBoxesHeatingUp.net is being registered now…

I have around 5 or 6 empty ones… Anyone want? I’ll let them go for $40 each… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

HaHa!!

Top loader shortage in AZ… eh

Been switching over to the black plastic shortboxes from BCW and my last order (placed 12/22) did not fulfill and ship until the 2nd week in February … backordered.

Supplies for collectibles across the board seem to be very low.

BCW supplies across the board are in short supply and backordered. The people in charge of BCW admitted during the comicspro meeting there’s not much they can do about it right now (immediately followed by an explanation of why they were increasing supply prices and how supply vs demand worked…).

We’ve been looking for alternate sources of similarly priced supplies for weeks now to build up more inventory just in case hey become even harder and take even longer to come in.

2 Likes

ComicSuppliesHeatingUp.net here we come… :wink:

4 Likes

I just purchased some Gemini short boxes…I assumed they were similar to BCW…oh man was I wrong. They have two flaps that create an uneven middle part on the bottom…worst design ever. Also, they are slightly wider than the BCW ones.

Just posting this here in case others are looking for short boxes…don’t buy Gemini ones…

2 Likes

Cut a piece of sturdy cardboard to the dimensions of your box (inside/inside) and line the bottom of the box to create an even surface. You may want to fill the void between the two flaps with a custom cardboard piece as well, to support the liner evenly. :man_shrugging:

Thanks, thats a good idea. I can’t believe a company that specializes and makes great comic mailers is so horrible at designing a comic storage box…

2 Likes

Any comic shop owners on here got any deals on short comic boxes?

http://mattsbaseball.com/

1 Like

I recommend switching to the bcw plastic boxes I can stack 6 high. Which frees up space for more comics.

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve been slowly swapping mine out to those, they are worth it!

2 Likes

I currently have 66 Short Plastic and 5 Short Graded…worth every penny. They do save room by stacking…I even place figures and Statues on the top boxes as well!

2 Likes
1 Like