Show Us Your Tie-Dye, Dirty Hippies!

My whole house has been on quarantine with Covid. We managed to avoid it for 2.5 years and finally got hit.

During this time, I revisited a hobby I did a lot in high school- Tie-Dye!

So show me your tie- dye, hippies!

4 Likes

Dope !!!

Great designs.
On another note, I hope all of you are doing OK. You dont have to respond, but were you all vaccinated and boosted? I am curious if yes, are your symptoms mild ? I am still cautious about the virus - vaxxed and boosted, going for my second boost - and still wear masks in closed, crowded spaces. Curious what your experience was/is like, but hope everything gets better soon.

Please DM a response if there is one @drunkwooky

Thanks.

Feel better soon!

Seeing as you all have humored me this far, I’ll post some more:

High Republic Jedi Lightsaber Tie Dye:

Clone Wars Season 7 Darth Maul Bleach Wash:

Planning on dying the bleached spot deep red.

1 Like

Never was into Tie-Dye. But my boys both have some. My oldest has a Harry Potter one and the youngest has a Batman one.

There’s a whole sub-set of the internet clothing economy where people sell pop culture tie dye for a hefty premium. Like $50-100+. After looking at some of it, I was finally just like “I can make that myself. Also, I can make something I like better!”

Unless your like my wife and wait for a sale and get them for under $10 lol.

1 Like

Patience is a virtue and it also can save you a lot of money! :wink:

1 Like

2 Likes

Waaaaaaaaah??? Wooky likes Gundam…

I don’t have any comic related Tie-Dyes but a closet full of Grateful Dead ones. As teenagers my friends and I would often play poker and when someone ran out of money they’d literally bet their shirts. I won quite a few that way.

I have a few Liquid Blue OG Grateful Dead tye dyes from the late 90s too. I also bought a Lithuanian Basketball tee recently, that features the tye dye Skull Man design that the Lithuanian Olympic Basketball team wore in '92 when they finished with a Bronze Medal, after they were sponsored by the Grateful Dead. My heritage is part Lithuanian and part Grateful Dead. :wink:
Screenshot_20220630-174830

3 Likes

I want that one!

1 Like

I love this tie-dye. I tried to make some once and went way too heavy on a lot of colors. It came out mostly looking like brown sludge.

Step one: bleach.

Step two: color coming up.

3 Likes

Color Led Zep:

Plus my “Twin Suns” Obi-Wan dye!

4 Likes

Thanks for humoring my recent obsession here, guys! I realize I’m the only one posting here haha.

Ahsoka and Rex Tie Dye:

Palpatine “Force Lightning” Tie Dye:

5 Likes

I’m enjoying them so keep them coming.

2 Likes