Silver Surfer: Ghost Light

Sounds like a new character being introduced in a fairly big way here. Ghost Light. Or, maybe just a new incarnation of an existing, old character. “… a new superhero 54 years in the making.” OK people smarter than me. Figure out which characters were introduced 54 years ago. :slight_smile: This releases 2/1/23.

Toni Brooks and her family have moved into the quiet town of Sweetwater. But nothing is quite what it seems with their new home. What mystery did Toni and her family unravel that would call upon the Sentinel of the Spaceways—the Silver Surfer?! And just who or what is GHOST LIGHT? Eisner award winner JOHN JENNINGS and artist, VALENTINE DE LANDRO (■■■■■ PLANET) introduce a new Marvel superhero 54 years in the making!

Guessing that’s Ghost Light on the cover of A?

As I read this, it came to me that Silver Surfer (I think??) is one of the remaining major characters in Marvel that hasn’t had a new “color”.
For a second I thought this might be the 1st … y’know… Green Surfer.

2 Likes

Oh, no. You might be right. I absolutely hate the introduction of slightly different versions of known characters. “Ooooh. Instead of creating a new character, which takes effort and creativity, we just do something like… I don’t know… how about a gold goblin?”

1 Like

Donny ‘unoriginal’ Cates did it already.

1 Like

No way this story is better than the Pixar short film/childrens book.

A classic in our home.

True first appearance, right here. :wink:

5 Likes

quick run out and buy 9.8s next miles

Does the old Silver Surfer toy line count as different colors?

4 Likes

Prices of Silver Surfer #5 are already in the $100 range (without help from this) but at least one listing mentioned Al Harper as Ghost Light. Seeing that Al died defusing a bomb and Silver Surfer lit a fire over his grave to burn for all eternity, plus looking closely at the new cover, it is pretty clear that Al Harper is returning and will be Ghost Light

4 Likes
1 Like

the next iron cat

FOC for this is coming up (12/19) and so far there are only 3 open order covers and no ratios or store exclusives that I can find.

2 Likes
1 Like

Crossover opportunity!

2 Likes

I hope I don’t get in trouble for sharing this preview image… WARNING SPOILERS!!!

Throw a baby Yoda in the back and we have a winner for Disney.

2 Likes

“What’s this I dun hear about sum Baby yoder?!” That dun there be an exter terrestial ‘er sum’thin? Watcha think’er that, Fillmore?”

1 Like

I ordered a copy of this and totally forgot about it. Looks promising though.

2 Likes

I’m sure my LCS will have several copies. I’ll grab hopefully a 9.8 candidate from the shelf if I can. Just because I like Surfer stories and Cove A. But not thinking it’ll Amount to anything.

1 Like