Snyder cut spoiler discussion

I enjoyed the banter between Alana and Alana. :man_shrugging:

You know if you keep responding to yourself, the forums will let you know about it… :wink:

1 Like

I believe Choi actually took up the Atom mantle in the Justice League of America Rebirth run. I think. I know very little about DC outside of Bats, and I don’t want to research it right now, so, In just throwing it out there . I did read it years ago, but, puff puff. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Brave New World 1 is his first appearance it can be found for under $10

1 Like

I know DC spec is crap, but I’m still surprised at how little Darkseid keys go for…

3 Likes

It’s because no one ever wanted to pay more than $10 for a NM Forever People #1 for about 4 decades. Jimmy Olsen was always considered his first even though it’s a cameo and a horrible one at that. For the longest time cameos were the first appearances especially with villains. Until the late 80s cameo and full appearance arguments didn’t exist then Wolverine got popular.

Some might take the DC trough as a good time to buy. DC Silver Age and Bronze may not be too far behind if these current trends keep up. Maybe. Lol.

1 Like

I’ve been rounding out my DC keys since the pandemic while everyone else is strange academy, ultimate fallout, marvel point one, vengeance looking the other way at Marvel.

3 Likes

Got a really nice deal on a high grade first Talia recently and a first Wally back in September

1 Like

It was a better movie. Darkseid had more screen time. That scene at the end with Joker- their interaction kinda makes me mad we won’t ever see Jared Leto’s joker interact in a full length movie with Affleck’s Batman. Leto’s joker has been nothing but great potential wasted. I hope they convince him to do another one and find a better vehicle for it. Plus- Martian manhunter! Deathstroke! This was kind of a tease. Wish there was more of some of what we saw.

2 Likes

4 hours jesus christ

When my co-worker / friend who doesn’t know much anything about comics texts me about the Snyder Cut…

:joy::rofl::joy:…Freedom League…I like that. :joy::rofl::joy:

Freedom League sounds like knock-off, grocery store action figures from Mexico.

2 Likes

Finally watched it, enjoyed it a lot more than the theatrical version. Hoping that WB green lights Snyder to follow up with subsequent flicks.

I still prefer the MCU over the DCEU.

3 Likes

Edit - this is a ‘Freedom league’ level crossover

1 Like

Whoa! Enter the Black Spider!

We need DC to turn this around. They need to somehow scrap together a continuity and pick up the pieces and move forward. Even if the movies suck, keep the storyline going towards something bigger. Comic book movie fans in general depend on it. If the MCU success looks like a one and done thing, studios will move on and comic spec and comics in general will suffer.

4 Likes

I agree with this. DCEU needs to continue to move the needle forward. This cut does that. That being said, the execs over seeing DC properties are a mess. They looked at what the MCU did and took us as fans for granted. They thought what Marvel Studios did was easy and us as fans would just show up because we love the characters. What Marvel has accomplished is so hard to do. Connecting these movies, having production teams from different films and projects working together, locking in on screen talent, it’s a monumental task. DC just never got it and it shows in their track record. I really hope they put creatives in place and allow them to do what they do best, create great films with characters we as fans love.

2 Likes

Finally watched it.

The movie is pretty damn good. This version fleshes out/corrects pretty much everything that the Whedon version ■■■■■■ up on. Soooo much backstory. The Flash/Iris scenes were the highlight. Love the music choice.

It’s pretty sad that there wont be a Justice League 2 & 3 to complete the story.

2 Likes