So, what is the smart play on Punchline?

$105 in sales today for three books I paid $20 for. That’s how you play the comic book stock market boys.

I could easily double that…but gotta diversify and hold on to some stock for a rainy day…

1 Like

Great Minds and all that … :vulcan_salute:

Steve Miller says "Go on, take the money and run … " … :vulcan_salute:

A fellow regular at my main LCS called me yesterday looking for a copy. I was able to direct him to one of my honey holes that are shops with limits on new books. He has informed me today he was able to reserve the last copy of HA3 at the shop I told him about. It’s always nice to help a fellow collector out. It always seems to come back in spades.
I came across a nice silver age key today at my LCS. It’s in the 4.5 range (I think/hope, lol) but it’s a super key, with a good price, and I want it in my collection. I reserved it and am going back to pay cash and pick it up on the weekend. I’ll post pics when I have it in hand.

Just happened to see a few Thor #2s…so I grabbed one and threw it up on eBay for $15…sold a few hours later.

Some days you just have the Midas touch…wish I had bought a few lotto tickets…

Lowest price I’ve seen today at $30 + shipping.

I was able to get Batman 89 (and HA 3) after all from the online retailer I mentioned had screwed me. They came through, so I’m glad I didn’t name them.

This is insane. I cannot believe that HA 3 is commanding so many high prices, since it isn’t technically the first after B 89, and also everyone had a week to prepare. It shows how flawed the hobby is, if everyone is on the same scavenger hunt if a book becomes hot anytime between final cut off and release. At this point I’m glad DC sent out that press release… but then again if they hadn’t, no one might’ve cared about Punchline lol!

In another 3 months nobody might not care as well…

1 Like

This seller is a moron… Trying to dump a case of 160 copies of Hell Arisen #3, starting bid at $19,999.00 and BIN of $45k…

4 bucks says it’s Brian Hibbs lol. He couldn’t find 160 people who only loved the high quality Proust-level artistry of Hell Arisen 1 & 2.

That seller is an idiot. I looked through the books he’s “trying” to sell…smh. He also still has Batman 94 variant as the Artgerm cover…boy oh boy…is he in for some bad news…and cancellations…LMAO

$125 per raw copy…lol. Good luck, pal!

Pre-sales for Batman #94 are against eBay pre-sale policy anyways. Sellers must ship the items being sold within 30 days. I doubt he’s gonna be able to ship Batman #94 by March 27th, it doesn’t hit shelves until May 6th… :wink:

F that. I ain’t paying $36 shipping…

1 Like

And we all know for that price that’s not even including insurance!

Or the $1200 in taxes eBay would Also collect from me for my purchase…

All the idiots buying high dollar copies of Batman 38 just got played by Krap Collector https://twitter.com/JamesTheFourth/status/1236735797350588421

1 Like

3rd prints announced for BM89 and HA3

Ill wait for the 4th and 5th prints. Theres only so many options to recycle the same cover…

One for each color of the rainbow.