Spaceballs 2: The Search For Cash

1 Like

No Spaceballs comic, but thereā€™s a CGC graded magazine.

The original is in my top 3 list of best movie of all time. Pretty stoked for this.

huge spaceballs and mel brooks fan but
after seeing history of the world part 2 the bar is pretty low

1 Like

How are they ever going to capture the essence of the first one? Larger combs for the desert? An even bigger schwartz? Canā€™t say I have high hopes for this.

1 Like

Mel Brooks has a particular sense of humor that will be interesting to see if it can translate into modern movie going audiences. I am not easily offended and love his movies, not sure everyone else does though.

2 Likes

The guy is 98 years old. I just hope heā€™s around to see his own movie!

They do have 6 more trilogy movies to draw source from, plus dozens of other sci-fi flicks. So hopefully they have some good material.

1 Like

His name is just likely attachedā€¦ doubt heā€™s actually playing a huge part in the production of the actual film.

1 Like

Who invited Debbie Downer to the party?

I think heā€™s been actively involved and writing in recent yearsā€¦Executive producer and narrator of history of the world part 2, most recently.

1 Like

have you seen history of the world part 2 ?
its not good

Not being a downer, just stating whatā€™s likely realisticā€¦ Think of Stan Leeā€™s name as Producer on all those Marvel filmsā€¦ I learned real quick with ex-wife in show business that most producers donā€™t really do squat on the show or film, but they certainly get paid pretty well for having their name attached to the project.

When the ex worked Fear The Walking Dead for a few seasons, she said most if not all the big name producers on the show ā€œvisitedā€ the set/studio onceā€¦ that was about itā€¦

1 Like

It will give me and my friends a reason to break out the costumes! :grin:

4 Likes

Mel Brooks is a Genius! With a great sense of humor. Iā€™ll watch it because Iā€™m a fan and donā€™t care what others think

Between, ā€œBlazing Saddles,ā€ ā€œYoung Frankenstein,ā€ and the original version of, ā€œThe Producers,ā€ Mel Brooks is already a comedy God. Anything else heā€™s done is just a bonus.

1 Like

He was gold in the 70ā€™s and 80['s.

1 Like

IMG_2639

He sure wasā€¦

1 Like

HA, nailed it! I want to say something non PC and probably so racial that only Brooks himself would find it funny! Darn these modern times!.. so, I will keep it to myself. Iā€™m too old to be publicly chastised and shamed.

Lol. My wifeā€™s friend always says ā€œwe canā€™t say that in 2024ā€ whenever something racial is said.

1 Like

ā€¦so true.

1 Like

I mean, people can say anything they want still, they just donā€™t want to deal with the consequences of what they say. Mel Brooksā€™s stuff was offensive but it mocked ignorance which is why it is fun. He was making fun of racism or Hitler and such.