Spawn spec... not much mentioned around here

Newsstand

2 Likes

Newsstand

2 Likes

Thanks all!

1 Like

Definitely the newsstand but I’m biased.

5 Likes

Lol, I would say so!

1 Like

It’s all the fat stacks I make selling them that I like. That and hunting them down like a serial killer.

1 Like

I have so many Spawn #1 newstands, it aint funny. Was buying them before the newsstand hype train rolled in…

2 Likes

9.6 newsstand. As everyone seems to agree!

1 Like

My most recent pick up. I decided to opt for a raw copy instead. I would grade this as around 9.2-9.4 as there are a couple of smaller very very fine spine tics.

11 Likes

And it’s a newsstand! Although anything that has a crease or spine tics that breaks color isn’t that high of a grade. Of course the grading companies have normalized grading books that high when they clearly don’t meet Overstreets very thorough grading definitions. Still a great pickup.

1 Like

I guess this is why I shouldn’t be a grader

1 Like

2 Likes

Wow. Thats crazy

Gunslinger 27.

2 Likes

Gunslinger Spawn 2099?

I was thinking Cad Bane Spawn.

1 Like

Still don’t have a name for the Cyber Cowboy from Gunslinger 27, but it is definitely a first full! Also, I really like Brett Booth but this new artist on the series is seriously bringing the heat!

2 Likes

Speaking of Spawn, did you see where Todd was running a contest for people to submit covers in a contest where the covers would be used for upcoming variants? Cool idea right?

However, in the FAQ section it says “What if I don’t draw?” which is leading people to believe that AI is being considered for the cover submissions. I mean, what else would that mean?

1 Like

When I read that part of the FAQ, I assumed it was aimed at sculptors and writers. Surely a guy who made his bones on art, both his own and that of those he has hired, wouldn’t accept AI?

Untitled

1 Like

The writing is ambiguous but I certainly would not want someone to use AÍ to create cover art.

3 Likes