Spec picks for January & February

Now I cannot unseen that lol

1 Like

I can’t believe how much I’ve zoomed in on that this evening. Even assuming it’s a woman, the anatomy barely makes sense. If it’s a male symbiote, it’s just straight up fairy tale nonsense.

1 Like

Definitely pick up this one. After all Icecream man #1 exploded this past year.

1 Like

NIce, congrats!

1 Like

Thanks for all the replies everyone I really appreciate it :grin:

2 Likes
4 Likes

definitely have to keep an eye out for a limited Dan Parent variant.

1 Like

my concern is after the sales of amber nightstone, they will now just do a bunch of random 1st apps for spec buyers

1 Like

That was a good character though that can easily return since she’s like Sabrina’s “evil double” that was born on the same day as her.

1 Like

TBH, almost every holiday issue has had a 1st appearance for the last couple years.

I posted this on facebook and got really no reply. Usually I get trolled at least, something about everyone’s attention being on black friday or something…

Schwaeger Robert

·

Shared with Your friends

Friends

This comic has flown under the radar this week. Or people are keeping quiet until the get their copies. It has the first worldtr33 by James Tynion IV. This is a big deal because Tynion’s comics almost always gets optioned and he has a lot of spec. hits. Why this is under the radar and why it might have been under ordered is that the initial solicitation; https://imagecomics.com/comics/releases/image-8-2

Didn’t mention the first installment of his new book coming out next year…

An article in Bleedingcool said it was coming in this book AFTER FOC. But those of us in the know hearing two things waited until it came out to make sure…

this already came out. It hasnt flown under the radar.

I mentioned it in my picks when it was on FOC. I just think people dont care…

no interest = no heat

2 Likes

Yeah. I remember monoployjackson posting about it. I bought a couple just in case it became popular. It seems like a no brainer, but if the people who sway the herds don’t pump it, stuff doesn’t seem to heat up like you would expect. I would wait and see. Once they load up on copies, then they will pump it.

So this is a red face/mask character who looks like Alopex on cover B and the exclusive. I notice that Alopex’s hideout is involved in 134 but nothing about it in 135. Does anyone know who this is? No mention in the solicits…

When I say it flew under the radar, that’s for most people. As I showed the solicitation changed. I think it has more to do with timing. It was the black friday/ cyber monday thing that might have distracted people. Anyway Tywin’s books have never failed to at least EVENTUALLY do well. I expect an uptick when the book comes out and then again when it gets optioned. IT IS a no brainer, but maybe a slow burn. Slow burns are the best though. It feels like the Kamela Khan point one, where it took so long to take off.

1 Like

It’s Alopex

Who’s the cover artist because it’s a great cover?!

Eastman I believe

1 Like

My pick for February:

VAMPIRELLA YEAR ONE #6 CVR L PARRILLO LTD VIRGIN

4 Likes

Where are the fangs and blood?

Nice cover, but I would never know this is a vampirella cover.

4 Likes