Speculation suggestions welcomed! $500 range

How about a Detective Comics #880 9.6 and Strange Academy #1

Strange Academy does have a lot of potential.

9.8 for SA cover A is about $200 at present. The 1:50 is about $700. Too bad the 1:50 is so expensive. That’s a good one! I purchased Avengers Annual 10 recently. That’s a good one too. 1st Rogue.

He can get a Strange Academy 1 Momoko 9.8 CGC Virgin Variant for about $550. I got a few at $300 and they have been a good investment so far.

1 Like

SIKTC #1 Cover A 9.8

2 Likes

I love girl covers. Harlequin, Catwoman, Batgirl. And I buy for cover art. Just got the Warren Louw Catwoman. buy and sell to collect just a few. I would second the New Mutants 98. Had it, sodl it, now I wish I hadn’t. It is a beautiful cover.
Would recommend Harley, even though I got burned on em.
Hughes variant is nice. Had the Mexico version. Miss it.
As a kid, got hooked on Vampirella. Warren #1 is in the thousands. Like the 113, which is a Harris. That’s moving, missed it , maybe sell some books to get a good graded, IDK.
Golden age I would get Detective Comics with pictures of the Batmobile, or the Batgirl.
In these I like 105, 215, and one recommended in prior post.

Ive been buying GA Catwoman appearances.

1 Like

I’m looking at them as well. Trying not to get carried away with the current comic fever. Tough. New ones have so many variants, and hope the industry doesn’t implode a la Valiant 90’s.

Im still buying Bronze and older books, the prices on most of those dont seem too out of hand. A lot of them were too low anyway. I just stay away from the flavor of the week MCU book.

1 Like

Is there somewhere I can check the value over time like a stock chart?

1 Like

I know if you have a CGC subscription you can track sales, there may be some apps that do it as well.

I do this with ebay using sold but it only goes back a few months at most. Also, go to heritage auctions (have to have an account) and do a search, it will take you back years for a number of older books. Works for some, doesn’t others. Newer books are out of course.

1 Like

Go collect has something like tracking. Newer books not so much. Too many coming out for any low revenue site to keep up. IDK. Some kind of crazy prices of late. It’s amazing.

@Ryno1855 so what did you get?

Looking back UF4 and SIKTC 1 would have been great pickups.

Venom 3, not so much. :grin:

Today if you can catch it on a slow day a Detective 880 9.8s sometimes can be had in the 500s.

Otherwise Batman Beyond #1 or Star Wars 42 as a shorter term investment in the highest grade you can afford.