Spider-man Countdown: What with all the hubbub, bub?

JJ Abrams writing Spider-man? Sure. Yes. Yes!

I realize they stated ā€œnew villainā€, but this isnā€™t the bad guy/new villain that has been alluded to/here and there in the newest run is it ? This new villain is apparently called ā€œCadaverousā€, but we havenā€™t yet been given a name for this current guy.

Just checking to see if I missed something.

I love Pichelliā€™s art so Iā€™m excited for it regardless.

That was my first thought too. Cadaverous would pretty accurately describe the guy whoā€™s been making appearances in the current ASM run.

By the way, this is going to be a tough one to nail down the first appearance vs. cameo!!!

Im thinking its not going to be the bandage/bug guy who is currently making appearances in ASM. In the interview, JJ states that he ā€˜cant wait for you to meet himā€™. That line leads me to believe it will be an all new villian, as we have already met Bandage/bug guy.

1 Like

Have we met him though? Weā€™re still referring to him as bandage/bug guy :slight_smile:

He also said theyā€™ve been talking to Marvel about it for a long timeā€¦ could be anything really though.

I would say we have met him. Hes been in like 8 issues spanning over 1 years worth of stories. He has spoken and interacted with several different characters throughout his lurking. We may not yet be formally introduced, but we have definitely ā€˜metā€™ him, imo.