Spotting A Fake

roflmao. Phlip is trying to FLIP that thing at a speed faster than flash…

I don’t see a report button.

Edit: Found it, reported it as counterfeit.

2 Likes

I mean it’s one thing to unknowingly list a fake but for it to be pointed out and the photos cropped afterwards?? That’s some shady shit.

6 Likes

I ordered a chicken and an egg from Amazon. I’ll let you know

(not my own but hopefully deserving of a badge : )

1 Like

Philip - you are bang out of order !!!

1 Like

Considering my Dad jokes I’m amazed I don’t have the badge yet.

Not fake that I know of, just made me lol.

That is awesome. I actually want to bid on it for fun now…

1 Like

8 bids, insane

2 Likes

I have some pocket lint from Stan Lee that I’ll be putting up for auction.

5 Likes

People would buy that lint.

1 Like

Yeah, totally forgot about it but I’m sure there have been plenty of times you should have gotten it.

LOL :star_struck:

So I’ve been reporting all the fake Todd McFarlane autographs that I can find on Mercari but they don’t seem to care. McFarlane has what looks like a simple signature but he has some curveballs thrown in there that makes it unique.

Is it that these items require a certain number of reports before Mercari takes action? Or is that they, like eBay, don’t care if it is fake or not as long as they get their cut of the sale?

I wanna see those fake signatures. Can you post pictures?

1 Like

Screenshot_20220825-193433_Mercari

1 Like

Top one has his old school signature and the others have the new style. They do look questionable for sure…

1 Like

The issue I have with the top one is the AR in McFarlane. It doesn’t look right to me at all.

Here is a screenshot from when Todd and Rob designed Overtkill in the early 90s. The AR looks way different (to me). Also note that I never really see Todd use the little C in McFarlane, either. Always a dash.

Screenshot_20220825-202442_YouTube

The bottom Spawn resembles the AR properly

Its missing the N in McFarlane and the E is wonky AF.

1 Like