Star Wars: Ahsoka Disney+ show

@drunkwooky real or fake ?

I’m going to go with fan film.

The timeline here doesn’t make much sense at all. Either Ahsoka takes place before Mandalorian (post ROTJ) or this is a flashback. But it’s hard to see how a flashback to her having yet another run-in with Maul would make much sense.

Yeah Ahsoka assisted in Maul’s capture and his failed coup on Mandalore, but I think he’s a bit more practical by the time he’s the head of Crimson Dawn. The two of them don’t really stand to gain much specific from seeking each other out during the ANH/ESB years.

Also, I would think Maul would be wearing greenscreen socks over his legs for the CGI guys to animate robotic legs onto.

Disney+ production are kind of all in on their new LED smartscreen volume tech. I don’t think they’ve completely done away with location shooting, but they have a pretty strong preference towards cost-saving soundstages now.

4 Likes

This, and the fact it doesn’t fit in the timeline from what we’ve heard about the show, leads me to believe it’s fake or a fan film.

Ray Park wore CGI socks on the set for his Solo appearance. It seems to be counter-intuitive that they would put him in some sort of costuming instead for what looks like a far more complicated and dynamic scene. If Lucasfilm were really shooting in the desert on location and doing some sort of fight scene with Maul and Ahsoka, I think they would most definitely want to get CGI post-production on his legs.

2 Likes

100% fan film with the equipment they’re using to shoot. They’ve been cutting location costs by shooting on these LED screens on steroids with Mandalorian and Boba Fett (not 100% sure on this series). If they are shooting Ahsoka on location, there would be gigantic silks, gigantic lights, and beefed up camera rig. This looks like a prosumer camera.

2 Likes
1 Like

Shocker.

1 Like

One way to promote your fan film.

Lies?

Yeah.

Negative attention is still attention.

1 Like
1 Like

I like Bryce Dallas Howard

5 Likes

Production starts today

6 Likes

Cad Bane’s hat looks odd

1 Like

Sabine Wren

2 Likes

Hera Syndulla will be in the show

3 Likes

Ah! That’s why you “liked” my choices above.

1 Like

Bumping this to see if I actually make good on these predictions.

2 Likes

Dust off your Kanan 1 and 6s

2 Likes